CAN YOU IDENTIFY THESE STRUTS AND CALIPERS

72nismo

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same struts & brakes! I would LOVE to figure this out once and for all! Some Pics:

Car393.jpg

Car394.jpg

Car396.jpg

Car397.jpg

Car398.jpg

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

I have had several people 'Think' They know what they are from...

Besides the S-10 the calipers could be '78-'79 620 and '80-'82 720 2wd. I'll check but could also be from the A-10s too.

almost positive those are from a 200sx. i just looked at a set today.

Calipers do look like they could be from a 620, BUT the rotors are definently NOT from a 620. 620 rotors are also 6 bolt mounting not four like you have.

They look like 75-78 280z brakes... not 280zx.

I went to get pads for my 280zx and they gave me 280z and they looked like that. little squares.

Those front brakes look like S10 or S110 200sx, they were a common oldschool 'upgrade' back in the day.

Someone with the knowledge & wisdom PLEASE help us out :)

I can tell you what they aren't:

They aren't from the '77-'79 200sx (S10)... Yes they do look similar but they (200sx) do not have the bar across the front just below the two bolts:

Car394.jpg

They are NOT from any year of Z car.

They are NOT from the later S110.

This leaves the 620, 510 (A10), '80-'82 2wd 720. (when I said the S10 before I meant the A10) The trucks didn't have struts, of course a caliper is a caliper and could have been swapped, so I'll say off a 510. (A10)

Do you have the part number that is stamped into the strut tube??????

Not from a 620. Pads are too small.

Look kind of like A10 (78-81 510) struts and calipers. The pads ARE the kind used in the A10 and B310 (79-82 210). But the late 510 used 2 different kinds of calipers that are barely different- pads are the same. In fact many 70s Hondas used the same pads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They look like maybe B310 or similar struts/calipers... I know for a fact that those aren't 280ZX struts, the spring perch isn't right ;)

I hate to use this pic, but metalmonkey just posted this and it's the only one I know of :P

PICT0051.jpg

They definitely look like the brakes and hubs on my Sunny. Mine just appear to be a bit smaller. Hard to tell. I'll go look for any kind of markings on them tomorrow for identifying. IMAG0942.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47