Would anybody be interested in a columbia river gorge trip or a trip to the beach on 5-10-10

5 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in celebrating 5/10 day with a drive in the gorge?

• Yes, Count me in!
    • Yes, but only if it is the weekend before
    • Nope I only drive my Datsun on the interwebs
    • Who the hell are you and why would I want to go on a drive with you?
  2. 2. How About a beach trip (see post #18)

• This would be better than a drive in the gorge
    • I would rather take a drive in the gorge than a drive to the beach
    • your polls suck and I refuse to answer
    • You again? I am going to answer your poll, and then not show up just to get you to stop

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a drive through the gorge for 510 day. I realize that it is a monday and lots of people would have to work. Maybe if there is enough interest we could do it the weekend before.

I figure that there are two options, head up the historic columbia river highway, pop out on 84 then we could cruise up to hood river and take hwy35 up and over the mountain to get back to the gresham area or we could hop over one of the bridges on the columbia and cruise hwy 14 back to the metro area.

Anybody interested in a drive in may?

I added another option due to Datsuns northwest doing a very similar drive in April see post #18 for an option to drive to the beach instead.

From what I have seen, Most people would seem to prefer to do the drive the sunday before so it would be on 5-9-2010

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were asking if anyone was down for a 5-10 day LONG drive through the gorge.

:lol:

Sounds fun. If I can get one of the Dimes roadworthy by then, I'm in!

Edit: Thanks for revising that. It was probably just as confusing to other people too. :)

Given some of the Ratty's I've seen on here, it might just take 5-10 days. :lol: If you guys come out this way on the weekend, hit up Double Mountain for some pizza and then take in the air museum up at the airport. Skib knows the way to both spots.

Given some of the Ratty's I've seen on here, it might just take 5-10 days. :lol: If you guys come out this way on the weekend, hit up Double Mountain for some pizza and then take in the air museum up at the airport. Skib knows the way to both spots.

mmmmmmm Double Mountain pizza :P good pizza and beer :cool:

hey mike whats the date on that cruise in fly in again?

The Fly-in is September 10th this year. We need to have a strong Ratsun showing if possible. Why should the Porsche and Corvette guys get all the good free parking?

Im working on setting up a cruise out there, Im going to try and make it a joint NortWestZ, DatsunNW, HybridZ and Ratsun trip so we can get a nice strong datto showing :D

is there a site with some more info on the cruise in by chance?

There is nothing on their website for that late in the year yet. April 10th they are having an open house and will be pulling out a lot of the cars. I just called up the museum and got the info for the fly in in September. If you are serious about this, the sooner we let them know the better odds we have of getting the grass parking right in front. We might want to let the Roadster guys know over on 311.s also anybody else that might want to show up. I would like to see 50 Datsuns show up this year. Shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Ok I saw that Datsuns northwest is doing a very similar trip, only they are doing it in April, how about a trip to the beach? A Possible and very twisty route would be to head out hwy 30, take the cutoff to Vernonia,once we pass Vernonia, head down 26 for a while and take the cutoff for hwy 53. My parents have a beach house in Manzanita, we could rendezvous there for lunch or something. My wife is willing to head to the beach early, and have BBQ and stuff ready when we get there. Then everyone could enjoy the rest of their day at the beach and head home separately or there could be a caravan back to Portland, I am really just trying to see what the ratsun peeps would like to do.

So any interest? or should I just quit now, and stfu?

Ok I saw that Datsuns northwest is doing a very similar trip, only they are doing it in April, how about a trip to the beach? A Possible and very twisty route would be to head out hwy 30, take the cutoff to Vernonia,once we pass Vernonia, head down 26 for a while and take the cutoff for hwy 53. My parents have a beach house in Manzanita, we could rendezvous there for lunch or something. My wife is willing to head to the beach early, and have BBQ and stuff ready when we get there. Then everyone could enjoy the rest of their day at the beach and head home separately or there could be a caravan back to Portland, I am really just trying to see what the ratsun peeps would like to do.

So any interest? or should I just quit now, and stfu?

the back road from vernoina to seaside is windy and fun..i have done it in the compnay van but not the datsun yet

if it is a go i will be in

• 2 weeks later...

Well time is getting closer, I will post up details in the next couple of days, shooting for driving the gorge, hitting hood river for some pizza? and either coming back the way we came, or crossing the river and coming back down hwy 14

Oh and I was planning on doing it Sunday the 9th so more people can make it.