hilarious craigslist ad.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1627735095.html

dont buy Toyota... - $1700 (SD)

Date: 2010-03-03, 11:10PM PST

Reply to: sale-r5rsj-1627735095@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

...because BMW is safer. Its just a simple fact.

1988 BMW 528E...cheap, auto, 4dr, clean title, current reg, smog, black leather, power everything, sunroof, runs great, 245K, good BMW with no gas-pedal problems.

Reply if interested. Only asking $1700 obo. Thanks and have a nice day :)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1627735095

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad thing is the whole toyota recall for the gas pedal push started because of an accident here in san siego....an off duty police officer and his family were killed when their car started accelerating out of control all they could do was call 911 because nothing they did would stop the car

the sad thing is the whole toyota recall for the gas pedal push started because of an accident here in san siego....an off duty police officer and his family were killed when their car started accelerating out of control all they could do was call 911 because nothing they did would stop the car

Apparently the officer most likely burned the brakes out fatally trying to hold the car back against the engine. There's always something you can do. Hit the kill engine button or switch or what ever the hell stops these new pieces of shit nowadays. If you are too busy with avoidance driving, shove the shifter forward into neutral. There is an interlock so it can't jump into reverse.

Preparedness is the key to dealing with any emergency. Think about what you should do and how to do it before you need to.

I thought we talked abut this in another thread? Or am I shot lol.

It was push button and has a timed safety so immediately turning it off was impossible? Brakes burned out I guess.....

Still though, new auto's cant shift into neutral anymore? Even more over I heard they went off a cliff or hill or something. I would sooner curb the car and try to break something long before I even called 911 or let the car go air born. I think the real prob was they didn't want to damage the car until they ended up screwed. There are MANY ways to stop a car besides turning it off or the brakes.

Ironically I had my own scare today. Check it out.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/19666-damn-nissan-throttle-sticking-problems-lol/

Read the other day in paper that people are still complaining, eventhough they had shim installed by the dealership, that their car still accelerates. I can bet my paycheck its electronic but Toyota don't want to say or else it will be world panic.

Still though, new auto's cant shift into neutral anymore?

:o correct.

2001 space odyssey-HAL: "dave (my grandpa's name who owns a recalled toyota) I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen although doubtless this will only reinforce the idea of the dangers of being overly reliant on technology."

I was thinking that the emergency brake would have at least slowed the car as the engine would have had to drag the rear, unless it was RWD, in which case after the pad had melted down, it would have sped up again. People want everything to be automatic in their cars, relinquishing more and more control at the sake of convenience. The simple solution is to leave the driver a few options when the shit does hit the fan. It's better to destroy the transmission/car than the driver, at least that's how I'm thinking!

Apparently the officer most likely burned the brakes out fatally trying to hold the car back against the engine. There's always something you can do. Hit the kill engine button or switch or what ever the hell stops these new pieces of shit nowadays. If you are too busy with avoidance driving, shove the shifter forward into neutral. There is an interlock so it can't jump into reverse.

Preparedness is the key to dealing with any emergency. Think about what you should do and how to do it before you need to.

he tried to shut the car off, he tried to put it in neutral...there were several things he tried all to no avail...hence the reason for the recall

He Didn't try to BAIL OUT!!!!! I would have told ma family Tuck an' Roll!!!!!! or just smashed it in ta something solid like a wall!!!! ramming SPEED!!!!

the car basically floored itself while on the freeway...70 was the speed limit where they were...so its safe to say once they realized it wasn't gonna stop they were doing over 100

I always wondered about that in the 350Z. Seems scary to have the computer controlling the throttle and not me. I was just assuming that if there was an electronic error that the failsafe would close the throttle by default.

Even the rev limiter was by the drive-by-wire. The car just closes the throttle a little to keep the engine at a steady 7500 rpm

Guest kamakazi620

the car basically floored itself while on the freeway...70 was the speed limit where they were...so its safe to say once they realized it wasn't gonna stop they were doing over 100

From seein' movies such as "christine" grinding the fender in a barrier WILL slow the car down unless it's christine!!!

BTW "karmas a bitch" comes to play in this,officer remeber all those "BS" tickets ya wrote???