BMW Projector Head Lamp Installation ??

When the lamps cool down overnight, specially when it's cold, the moisture will condense on the insides making them fog up. When they warm up any moisture in the air (humidity) can escape out the tube. Helps keep them dryer inside.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to attack this project (finally).

Here's my progress:

I cut roughly 1" from the front of the bucket (adjuster plate)

36928275.jpg

I cut and shaved the BMW tabs as close to the front to match the rest of the edge

79a93245.jpg

Here is the BMW housing with the cut 510 bucket:

900170ca.jpg

a15c49c6.jpg

Note: Just as DatsunMotorSport mentioned (good tip) you don't have to shave the BMW tabs off cleanly. This helps for friction to keep the housing in place.

I hope this helps anyone who still might have questions with this part of the process.

ーゴキ

lol the dremel work is what takes all the time. he still has a few more ribs to remove.. mine hit the headlight bucket bracket so instead of hack it more like i seen done i just cut more of the headlight off. instead cutting the bucket braket.. idk if that make sence im more of a explain it in person type....

oo im going to do this soon too... fuck i should just do it at the meet while im there haha and for some reason the black gloves and the black hoodie im guessing reminds me of a bank robber....

How'd you know I was wearing a black hoodie?? You stalking me?! HAHAHAA :lol:

ーゴキ

haha i mayb??? haha i saw the sleeve in the picture and its been cold so ya i guessed... damn i cud b a detective :blink: haha

your powers of deduction are amazing!! :blink:

haha ok ok back to the subject! Anyone got info on the wiring? I'm tempted to cut off the H1 and JB weld H4 bulb holders. (only because I already have a set of H4 HIDs)

i heard you need relays to do it right...... thats why i put mine in the high beam spot cuz its a 2 wire light for a 2 wire light...... then im going to get the h4 housings for the driving light spot..... hid kit in the h4s and a yellow bulb in the projectors for driving lights... then i wil just drive with the high beams on (all 4 lights at once) should look cool once im done.... we will see i just need to get the H4s now.... should of picked those ones up at eagle rock.......dumbass me :lol:

so i have been slowly working on my projectors... really slowly haha i have one in and wired but for some reason its extremely dim... i do not understand why that is.. the driver side light was dim before and i thought the bulb was going bad but when i wired the projector in its still very dim.. i asked a couple people and they said perhaps a bad ground or contact... i was wondering how the passenger side light is affected because with out a light wired in the driver side it was really bright.

when the passenger side light isnt hooked up the driver side light doesnt work at all.. and the passenger side light it noticeably brighter then the driver side.......

hope all that made sense......... :unsure:

take your fuses (the ones in the eng bay) roll them around slide them back and fourth.... that fixes mine when it dose that.. if its not that you have a bad ground some where, get a FSM and start tracing wires <--- this is where the fun begins :lol: :lol:

why not rewire the headlights? there's a writeup on the realm on that.

im scared of electricity haha. i suck at wiring and all that so it will take me 3 days to do simple things when it comes to rewiring things. but ill head over to the realm see what is involved for the re wire... mayb i cud do it this weekend..

im scared of electricity haha. i suck at wiring and all that so it will take me 3 days to do simple things when it comes to rewiring things. but ill head over to the realm see what is involved for the re wire... mayb i cud do it this weekend..

just be like me... fuck it up. and fuck it up even more. then fix it :)

then fuck it up a little more.

I have the pdf, but its somewhere on the realm. headlight rewire. that way you know you have good grounds

haha yea im looking at the pdf right now... damn i hate electrical <_< <_< <_< so i need to buy some relays and 10 gauge wire would b thick enough right??.. i need a crash course on how to do wiring haha

it looks pretty easy, I think you just have to figure out the connectors/tabs. In theory, you're using the wiring for the stock headlight switch as the trigger to the first relay. then it feeds off to two other relays, depending on high or low beam. 86 goes to the headlight switch, 87 goes to the pos side of the headlight 30 is battery and 85 ground. (I'm assuming, i'm not looking at the diagram)

something like thzat.

on relays, 30 is usually hot, 85 is ground, 86 is trigger and 87 goes to the device. the idea is that you are using a lower amperage power source to turn on a bigger switch.

BUT, thats not how the diagram has them wired. so don't listen to what I said :o

the first relay has 30 going to a 10A fused source.

86 and 85 are hooked up to wires that you'll probably find in the back of the light switch looks like 87 and 87a both hook up to the other relays 85 pins while the 87a's and 30s are hooked up straight to the battery and 86 is grounded. the 87s hook up to the headlight