My Ratsun on the Beach course at Daytona !!!!

Rutroe

Ok, well, techincally I was about a mile north of the former North Turn of the beach course, where there now resides an amazing restaurant filled with tons of NASCAR history and I actually met a former driver while I was there named Cotton Owens who used to race on the course. He had some great stories...

I did a little historic tour of Daytona Beach for NASCAR.com and the video will be up on Wednesday I believe. I'll add that link once it's finished...

We did snap a couple of pictures to show everyone. Driving on the beach was nuts...such a cool place.

Enjoy !

>>>>>>EDIT >>>>>

Check out the video !!!!

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2010/speed/rutledge_at_large/02/10/cup_day_rut.nascar/index.html

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video. Brings back memories. I used to go down there for the motorcycle races, which just happened to coincide with the giant Harley bike week thing. It always amazed me that you could ask 90% of the HD guys how bike week started, and they'd know that there was beach racing, but didn't know that the premiere race in US motorcycle road racing was occurring at the speedway, and was the uninterrupted continuation of the beach racing!

Thanks guys...I'm really glad you liked it. I bought the truck and the next day started trying to figure out how I could get it down here since we're in Daytona for almost 2 weeks.

The truck really hasn't been very hot yet, I think partly because it's been so cold. That was one of the nicer days we've had and I just kept my arm up on the window opening most of the time. With the windows down and the vent open, it's really nice.

But then again, ask me in August when it's back in GA and I'm sure I'll have something else to say about it.

If you guys liked the piece, there's some other fun stuff that I've done on NASCAR.com and YouTube. Some of my favorite stuff on NASCAR.com is when I did the "Ponytail Express" last year with my friend Kyle Petty and I rode in a sidecar hooked to his Harley for 6 weeks. He's hilarious so there's some good stuff in there.

Thanks again,

Rut