gcmustang

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Greg im taking this thread over seeing as i own the car now, and youve done so much work to it i dont wnat to copy all your work posts :).

Ive been doing alot of deciding what to do since buying her, and finally came to a decision, original plan was to run the r16, but the wife and me decided we want to be unique. Seeing as how a ka swap has been done, we have decided to go further, since i havent seen anyone else done it yet (or at least google shows nothing) but sr20det swap under the hood. Yes i KNOW its going to require ALOT of work, and custom fabrication work which i plan on getting a shop to help with since with my back i cant really do much work. But i want her to be unique, going to run the carol shelby's on her, have a nice blue paint job, and have her looking nice and stock, that is untill you pop the hood. I figured why finish it fast just to have it when im going to have the wagon to cruise around in, and have fun with for a stock 411, but the SSS since greg has done so much work, and is already stripped, i want to put alot of work into, and make one of a kind on the road.

What yall think?

Not the libra style, but the mesh style. They are brand new in the box, never been mounted on tires even and getting from my old man. I will be sure to finish it, but i may be getting another 510, but not for a few years from my dad, so when that time comes that i do buy the 510 from him, ill probally be selling the 411 wagon and keeping just the SSS...idk well see how attached i get to the wagon, but i cant have 4 datsuns and 2 other cars LOL...wait my dad has 8 cars so maybe its not to much ;)

As for the wagon, im going to fix the surface rust, pop out the dents in passenger rear door and quarter, shine up the paint as much as i can and get it matched as close as i can for cheap where surface rust was, and keep her stock. Except i plan on putting the enkei's on her to give her a lil more attitude. She will definatly be on the road way before the SSS.

Greg is just such a awsome guy. Messaged him that i would call when wife got home to come have him follow me home with the wagon, and he answers just call with directions, and brought it over for me. He always rocks, and now im buying more parts from him, the first of the parts for my future sr swap...well brakes anyway. Some pics of the wagon in her new home.

IMAG0564-1.jpg

IMAG0563-1.jpg

IMAG0562-1.jpg

IMAG0561-1.jpg

After i buy the brakes from greg, its time to start saving and buying the parts for the swap, and get my mom to get her stuff out of my shed so i can have a place to put the parts lol. Going to get the wagon running so ashli feels happy having a 411 to cruise around in since i probally wont have the SSS done for 4-5 years. Unless i run into some money, then it could be sooner.

And greg is always tempting me with parts, LOL

Its funny to, because on my other forum, people keep saying, well what about traction, traction traction traction. Im not doing the swap for the power, im doing it for the being unique, to be the first and so far only one with a sr20det, and to show that it can be done. If i want traction ill buy some wide ass tires for the back when i go/ever go to the track. She will look stock on the outisde, and unsuspecting to people untill you pop that hood. Going to put the boost and gauges in the radio hole, but put them behind, at a angle so you can see them, and put a datsun blanking plate over the top, but make it so it can lift up so you can see the gauges. She will be a real sleeper.