gcmustang

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hope you don't mind Greg.....

So, Greg is getting the R16 out of Melvin. We wanted to keep things in the "barter" realm.....so he brought me these!! :) (high quality 1/2" and 3/8" torque wrenches!)

100_2767.jpg

.....which are worth way more then the eng is, so to even things up a bit....he's getting this as well :)

100_2772.jpg

lol....told you I had a box with your name on it!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well was working on drivers rear door today, body work done blocked out, sanded inside, primerd, painted inside jams on door and car and went to mount the door and big oops. Did not realize that there was a difference between wagon rear and sedan rear doors. I now have a very nice wagon drivers rear door that I can not use. I no have to do rust repair on drivers rear door. Very frustrating so I went over to Mike Klotz house and made me feel better he had run into his own troubles. Thanks Mike for releaving my stress with your troubles. It at least made me feel like I am not the only one.

Anyone want to buy a very nice 411 wagon rear drivers door?

Anyone know before I start on it if 411 wagon front doors will work on 411 sedan?

Hope you don't mind Greg.....

So, Greg is getting the R16 out of Melvin. We wanted to keep things in the "barter" realm.....so he brought me these!! :)

lol....told you I had a box with your name on it!! :)

Barter system ROCKS! Sorry to hear about the doors Greg!

Anyone want to buy a very nice 411 wagon rear drivers door?

Hmmmm....maybe. Pics?

Anyone know before I start on it if 411 wagon front doors will work on 411 sedan?

I would think so, and the parts manual says "ALL", but it's not clear on the sedan vs wagon rear doors, sooooo.... <_<

Been lazy, below aresome pictures of first coat of paint on fenders, hood, rear drivers qtr.

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

Starting to strip passenger door

DSC01647.jpg

Here is pictures of the driver side rear wagon door that will be sold if anyone is interested

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

A little dirt on the botton from where is stuck door in the mud. Wipes right off. No rust on toor and it was all stripped to bare metal.

DSC01652.jpg

There is a little tab on the underside of the rear bumper where the assembly is bolted to the sheet metal behind the rear wheel well. Be sure to put a synthetic rubber washer [like the factory installation] between the tab and the body when you reassemble after painting. No matter how well it fits, without the washer to absorb vibration the tab will dig into the paint and eventually open up a potential rust prone area right into the tire well in the trunk. By the way, not wanting to replace the original cardboard liner that covered these wells I used low expansion spray can urethane foam. Just before it finally sets you can dampen your fingers, or a flat board, and compress the top surface flush with the sheet metal. It takes primer and paint when fully cured.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...