Not Another Indy Thread: KA710 and L18510

INDY510

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get it, this thing is slammed with awesome flares roll bar, sick wheels, dual sidedrafts, great brakes..... but its still not in DD condition, i would probably put lights, glass, a muffler on, and drive the piss out of it....

just because i didnt catch it/or remember it, but what is the reason for such an extensive buildup

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Australia we call these datsun's 180B's they replaced the stanza which was the replacement for the 510 or 1600 as they are known here. So well done on the engine swap and are they popular in the states. Datsun 180B's there arent to many left here on the road most ended up at the wreckers with the delivery from Japan and the fact we all live on the coast the salt air took there toll on the cheap metal the car's made of.

so u raised it huh?? found out u couldnt drive that low with ur oil pan or something?? and do u have an exhaust leak? in the vid it back fired and looked like a flame under ur car...

I raised it for it's first drive .......... Right now it just has 3 ft of strait pipe off the header........ and it's kinda dragging on speed-bumps

I'd imagine the motor will sound WAY better with a muffler and more pipe .......... ...... then I can try drivin it moar lowar!!!!....... :lol:

Then I need a sway bar that will work with the raised LCA pivot points........ and the T/C rods need to be raised...... so a normal sway bar will not fit

I got Byron's used Steering arms, that have been modified to correct bumpsteer,,,, his car has the control arms raised 1 inch (exactly like mine)

Meanwhile,,, I need to piece together my wiring harness,,, and try to get headlights, wipers, and brake lights..... (then exaust)