Not Another Indy Thread: KA710 and L18510

INDY510

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sooo...not selling the 710 wagon then hu? ...I've got my plate full with projects too (just started a new thread on here)....but if that time comes... keep it in the family! (bay area Ratsun family, that is)...and the 'hacked' two door? I like!

Yeah ,,, , I almost sold the 710...

I just couldn't let it go ......... but it needs to be my daily driver ,,,,,,,, and I have WAY too many plans for it:

It needs a new MAF, an oxygen sensor,,, and a new clutch ...... I wish I had the time/money/fab skills to go turbo,

I would rather have it slammed than faster,,,, it needs better brakes/suspension, new tie rods/ball joints,, and it needs a MadDat 180b front sump sway bar

I scored a used pedalbox, and I have been dreaming about rack and pinion with some huge N/A headers

So I need some votes,,,, should I paint the 510? ,,,, or start fixing the 710?

a painful decision... the 510 is a "no holds barred" approach (which can get pricey!)... where as the wagon is a more rare and streetable rig, so the approach should be well thought out and conservative ....overall, not a bad conundrum to find yourself in....two totally worthy projects!

My 510 was white when I got it 9 years ago.. .. .. . I painted it dark green at Maaco in 2005 for $350,,, because I did all the prep work... (and it's still peeling up everywhere)

In 2007 it was time for moar lowar...... :lol: :

DSCN0873.jpg

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0876.jpg

DSCN0882.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0892.jpg

2 years ago....... . I raised the Control arm pivot points 1 inch,,,, shortened the stock PL510 struts, (now with coilovers)...... heim jointed Control arms and T/C rods

51001.jpg

510013.jpg

510014.jpg

510011.jpg

510012.jpg

510015.jpg

510016.jpg

510017.jpg

062.JPG

510018.jpg

510064.jpg

510065.jpg

510063.jpg

510061.jpg

063.JPG

so wheres the other 510? cuz this cant be the one you went crazy on. howd you fix up the hole in the firewall so perfectly, eh?

No...... it's the same 510 ......... .. the CA16DE was a bad idea.... ... :(

DSCN0937-1.jpg

5896.JPG

My friend welding the firewall back together ........ luckily the transmission tunnel was left un-harmed

080.JPG

078.JPG

2 weeks after the Maaco paintjob...... some ass-hat hit my driver's side fender in a parking lot..... (luckily he left a note)

L18 with dual 44mm Mikunis...... isky racing cam ........ and a 280zx 5 speed... package deal off craigslist for $750.. (exactly what Gieco gave me for the dent) :lol:

090.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The radiator in my 510 is a griffin from summit,,, It is 15.5" high X 27" wide and 3" thick....... It took some cutting and hammering to get it to fit like that........ I think Duke and a few others have the same radiator.

The 710's radiator is that cheesy one on ebay with the nice looking KA24DE 510 engine bay and the kinked IACV hose

I got it with the dual 12" electric fans and shroud.......... I tried to fit in in my 510, and it would require some cutting of the core support, and it just looks too thin....... I was dissapointed the dimensions are only 13" high X 26" wide X 1.5" thick ....... that is really thin and it should be a couple inches taller than the fans....

I think 15.5" is the max hieght for a 510 radiator,,, and even that is kinda tall ....... some radiators on ebay claim to be for a 510 and they are 16.5" tall,,, good luck closing the hood.

DSCN1594.JPG

DSCN1610.JPG

DSCN1574.JPG

DSCN1642.JPG

DSCN1615.JPG

These are some old pics:............ from before the engine bay was painted

DSCN0893.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN0901-1.jpg

DSCN0899.jpg

DSCN0908.jpg

DSCN1735.JPG