Datsun vs. Courier?

73super

I noticed a funny thing the other day, I see old Toyota, Mazda, Isuzu and Datsun pickups still running around as work trucks here. Probably about 90% of them would be running flatbeds, and most of them look like they are used for gardening work.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Toyota Stouts, check out this quad cab! It is begging to be lowered!

And here is a link to a bunch more pics. You know I think every truck looks better lowered IMHO. BUT I think the stout gets the award for most improved apperance by lowering. Up high it is a little boxy and kinda fugly. But low, YUMMY!

http://toyotacluborg.proboards61.com/index.cgi?board=stout&action=display&thread=1172445452

pc_14_ejamhp_1_20070326.JPG

• 2 months later...

OK. Here is a vintage Courier that surfaced in Bullhead City in 2002. I went NUTS over it because: 1. I had 2 Datsuns (not yet customized) and LONGED again for a custom mini to cruise around in and 2. Becaust theis truck was so FLAWLESS in condition still. A true survivor!! and 3. Because the guy driving it still had all of the dash plaques in which there were two runs that I attended in the late 70s that this truck was at also!! Anyway, this truck has been running, not running, altered, sitting, running, tweekerized, etc. But it STILL EXISTS!! I re-found it last Saturday behind a house. I feel very sad for this truck and wish there were something I could do. I plan to go "door knocking" to see if it is for sale. But I do NOT need another project. I just want to see this truck go to a good home that will appreciate it. Help anyone! If anyone here is the least bit interested in a one time show winning 72 Courier, please contact Me at steroid620@yahoo.com Maybe this truck can once again be a show truck before it gets crushed. I passed a year ago on a onetime show Chevy Luv and it got crushed. You would "cringe" at it's pictures. Sad, very sad.:(

Lepricaun.jpg

Lepricaun2.jpg

I cann't save them all, I just wish I could!

Hey Mark. The same company that made the original 620 wrapkit (such as on Guy's and Derek's), Imaginary Glass, made these kits too. There were also kits for Chevy Luvs and Toyota SR-5's. Anyway, I have pictures of Little Hawaiian and others with this same kit. Actually, it was pretty popular in the mid 70's. The truck looks the same. Paint fading badly. The spoiler is now missing, which isn't a problem to Me.... they were flat across so it would be very easy to make one. Maybe it's in the back. At least the front flares are still there. THAT would be the hard thing to accurately make. Is there a Courier group that We could post this truck to that You know of. If I was a Courier fan I would be totally going nuts on this find. Somebody has to appreciate it's still "being alive".