Forum Etiquette

Duke

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW WAIT A MINUTE!!!! you are the freak who posted the pic of the hairy bastard and the enourmous fat chick right? where the hell are you going on the net? there are 2 sides of the fence..... pick one or STFU

1st of all Steve I posted those pics to piss people like you off ! I chose the side of the fence the I wanted to be on when I was around hmmmm 17 . Please don't get pissed because I am not a pervert, I posted something that should have never been posted, just like all the pictures that was posted prior to mine . So lets please stay out of the internet arguments because nobody ever wins, I promise :thumbsup:

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added to post
Ahem... 1000 post thread..... ahem. I was wondering if someone else picked up on the double speak

Yeah, I got that. It just seems to me like there is more and more mindless drivel being posted lately. I remember almost 3 years ago when Ratsun was created how much quality stuff there was. I guess as it becomes more and more popular this is just the kind of stuff that is going to happen.

Maybe what is needed is an "Off Topic" section for all this stuff to fall into.

1st of all Steve I posted those pics to piss people like you off ! I chose the side of the fence the I wanted to be on when I was around hmmmm 17 . Please don't get pissed because I am not a pervert, I posted something that should have never been posted, just like all the pictures that was posted prior to mine . So lets please stay out of the internet arguments because nobody ever wins, I promise :thumbsup:
OK its a deal. But i must add that posting pics of nasty hairy dudes to protest the topic that you find offensive is like sicking D@%# to show how much you hate gays...... i dont get it

EDIT:.... We all have one thing in common: we love our Datsuns

I think we need more fabrication pics........ _____ and less BULLSH!T

Or we could all just start a new thread for every random thought and funny pic we find............. or we could have an off topic NSFW thread..........and keep the rest of the forum "work safe".....

:fu:Because I get paid to post on Ratsun:fu:

Edited by INDY510
I think we need a limit on posts per day:

Slamdatsun has 16 posts in the last 24 hours........

You know that old saying, "If you don't have any fabrication pics, don't post anything at all."

I know that sounds hypocritical, but I don't think anyone wants to see any more pics of my car

limit on posts could cause issues if its a technical discussion where there are alot of questions.........

Wow, this thing is all over the place...

Here's my opinion of internet forums, and the rules I play by:

1. The sandwich in a fridge theory. Your thread is a 'sandwich', leave it in the fridge if you think someone else might want it. Add lettuce, tomatoes, cheese as needed. If it smells like a sh*t sandwich, it probably is. Leave it alone. If the forum fridge is full of sandwiches you don't want, go somewhere else.

2. I always, always post with both my kids and my folks in mind.

-Would my mom/dad approve?

-Would I want my kids to see this?

3. Use language properly (or as close as I know how). I can't decipher text like postings. CAPS LOCK shows ignorance or rudeness online. Punctuation is there for a reason. The SEARCH button works best when topics/subjects are spelled correctly. I'm not a grammar Nazi, it's obvious courtesy. Expletives are useless online, any sentence that is worth reading doesn't need one curse word, see #2.

So, one more opinion for the pile. To me it smells like a BLT. :D

There was a thread for this 'stuff'. It was called United insomniacs.

We have T&A threads so lets keep it there. You don't want T&A don't go there. Anything T&A related outside those threads will be moved there. General vulgar shit will be erased if found outside the periodic table:

bustedtees.9e6d7d8be32b973a4ebb2731293c57d2.jpg

Yeah, I got that. It just seems to me like there is more and more mindless drivel being posted lately. I remember almost 3 years ago when Ratsun was created how much quality stuff there was. I guess as it becomes more and more popular this is just the kind of stuff that is going to happen.

I know what you mean the more people that show up the more off topic stuff that happens. Not to mention then guys become friends and start talking about non Datsun related stuff, which I am all for. I hate the Blue Birds list, anytime something non Datsun comes up it gets stopped. I like to see posts of weird things. I like how the guys can have a tit's thread that way I know if I don't want to see tit's I just avoid the thread. Anymore I usually get more interested in the non Datsun related threads anyways. You know how it is, most project threads are slow going so it's fun to have something else to keep us busy. I like threads about weird idea's that probably won't happen, it's fun to think about. It's like a KA swap the first few are fun then it just becomes work. I need to read about new crazy idea's to keep some interest.

There was a thread for this 'stuff'. It was called United insomniacs.

We have T&A threads so lets keep it there. You don't want T&A don't go there. Anything T&A related outside those threads will be moved there.

Exactly I like everyone to feel like Ratsun can be a cool place to hang out. There is no way that every datto enthusiast has the same views so we all have to give a little. The only think that bothers me on any forum is when people talk down to new members, I'd rather see a Datsun die from a young kid try to build something cool than it sit in someone's back yard or garage. If they stick around on the forum because we find nice ways to say they should go different routes and maybe some local guys like Hainz does go every and give them a hand we as a team can keep more Datsun's on the road. Being a complete dick to them making them leave isn't going to help anyone, all it's going to do is make them hate forums/email lists.

offtopic.ratsun.net