Who needs a 521?

I have been offered a 1970 521

It no longer has the J16 but now has an A15 with an automatic. Has a camper shell on the bed. Supposedly only has rust in the bottoms of the front fenders.

It has sat for quite awhile. The A15 was rebuilt.

I am going to take a look at it tomorrow and grab some pictures. Anyone need this truck?

The cost will be 750.00 - 1000.00

1hr40

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found that the "make offer" guys fall in 2 categories:

1) They don't really want to sell, but will sell if someone offers way more than it's worth

2) They do want to sell, and have a price in their head, but are hoping someone offers way more than the price they have set.

In both cases it's about control. It's about getting as much from the buyer without having the buyer talk down their price. Which is why I don't buy stuff from folks that don't put at least a $$$/obo amount down. Once you set your price you might end up thinking you asked too little.

It's the first rule in sales.......the first one to name a price loses! Even if he only wants $300....you say $400 first....he flinches and says "I was thinking more like $600....how about you meet me half way at $500?" You can do the same thing....you want to spend $300...he says $200...you flinch and say I was thinking more around $100...how about me meet at $150? :)

you also need to not worry if they get pissed at your offer. So what! They're obviously imature and have anger issues if they can't just say 'no' in a respectful manner to an offer when they dont' even put a price out there. In Real Estate you have to lowball all the time! ;) dont' let it get to you, just keep making those low offers and then question THEM when they get mad. Ask them why they didn't list a price if they thought it was worth so much?!?

like Hainz said, if they can't get the $700 they want for the junker, they'll just trash it and off it goes to the dump the next week. They should have taken your $100 offer :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.