Bob72gts' Junkers

bob72gts

Lets start with the 77' standard cab

Bought it from the original owners family for $300

045.jpg

Had a bunch of crap in the bed and a 6 year old blown headgasket, but it was straight solid and only had 110,000 miles on it.

059.jpg

First things first clean it out and install the QX56s no drop yet.

057.jpg

060.jpg

They almost touch the springs.

058.jpg

Now lowered.

047.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality they are pictures of pictures.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my 73' standard cut to roadster(5" off the top of the windshield). Rear frame rails narrowed 6" and Z'd 4". 295/50/16 BFGs on 16x9.5" steels with 8.5" backspace. :blink: 205/55/16 front on 16x6.5" steels with approx 3.5" backspace. All 4 wheels painted krylon banner red. Genuine Moon screw on wheel covers. Rustoleum satin white rattlecan wide whites. 3.8 Buick V6 TH 350 Holley 4bbl. Edelbrock Performer(still in the shed) Hooker headers with Hooker fiberglass firewall section for clearance.

041.jpg

Mercedes Benz CLK dash and center console narrowed and sectioned. Cab rear wall and bed front wall removed Isuzu Rodeo bucket seats removed from pedestals and mounted to the floor. I am 6'2" and when I sit in the truck my shoulder is below the top of the door. Generic A-pillar mounted exterior mirrors and a rear view mirror from a 63" Chevy 1/2 ton mounted upside down on the dash.

050.jpg

She still needs alot of love

Hi Bob and welcome!! Why We have not met yet is beyond Me. Many guys that I work with (and know that i am into Datsun trucks) live in Havasu. I have NEVER been told that there was a guy running around there in a 620. One other thing, Guy Gray's truck came from Havasu. Maybe You remember seeing it driving around there. He found it on ebay and I drove down to get it and deliver it to Him in, get this, Fontana! It was a VERY clean stock green '72 1/2. Do You see any other 620s running around Havasu? There is one other person on here that lives in Havasu named Tony. I have not met Him yet either. How did You hear about Ratsun? Get ready........... You will now be spending MANY hours on here!!! We are one big family. You will love this website!!!

Your white truck is very similar to mine aside from the hooks and it being a short bed. You'll be jealous of the ultra gay purple flames I have on mine :blink:

Do you want to part with those mirrors....hahahaha :D

Anybody have those mirrors for sale?

I put new wheels on mine and will post up a pic later today...

BTW - Welcome!

Alright Bob..Get ready to be jealous....LOL... Here are those flames.... :eek:

CIMG1589.jpg

Thats my black lab puppy "Lucy." She is only 6 months old and loves the truck. Also take note of the time in which the pic was taken this afternoon. Coincidence? hmmm :mellow:

CIMG1592.jpg

On the work truck I'm thinking Volcanic orange from a 06' Sentra SpecV. Grille, rear bumper, 16" steel wheels, and a reworked overhead rack all painted silver. 205/55 front and 225/55 rear tires with trim rings and adapted stock caps and a 4" static drop. Ring and bearing the L20B rebuild the carb and recharge the a/c. Should be a nice work truck / driver for around 2Gs.

As for the hooks on the white truck, they will be gone soon.

I dig the flames. Here is the last thing that I flamed

048.jpg

That was my 94 Lincoln Mark VIII. I still have parts of it :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I got a call from the lady that owns the tan work truck this evening. She wants me to come pick the truck up, and pay for it "when I can". Looks like I'll have 6 Datsuns in my fleet by the end of the weekend. I will get detail pics up after I get it home.

I got the tan utility bed truck over to the shop last week, finally got a chance to play with her today. Removed that ugly ass rack and cut it up, will be good for future projects. Removed the stock wheels, had 3 disc brake wheels and 1 drum brake wheel. Replaced them with some 16" steelies I had laying around. 225/50 on the rear and no tires on the front :blink: , just steel on concrete, easier to roll around then the flat 14s. Truck has been sitting for 6 years. Put a fresh battery in her, shot some brake cleaner into the carb and sanded the spark plugs. She fired right up :D , then there was the loudest squealing belt I have ever heard followed by a huge cloud of smoke from the engine compartment :( . Water pump is locked up solid :angry: . I cut off the belt and started it up again, this thing runs great :D . Took a good look at the truck today, the roof is a little rougher than I thought :( , the rest of the body is pretty decent, 4 new shocks, new upper and lower ball joints, and new upper control arm bushings :thumbup: . I know, no pics didnt happen. I will try to get some tomorrow

Got some pics of the work truck

The frozen water pump

001-1.jpg

Buffed out the right side of the truck. Turned out pretty good considering the neglect it has seen.

003-2.jpg

Pulled the door off it can be saved but the hinges are junk. If I can find a tan door I won't have to paint the truck for a while, would really like 2 doors and a left fender all in tan. Anybody?

007-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

Front tire pressure seems to be low

004-2.jpg

Bought this rack at the junkyard today, a little modifying and alot of sanding/painting will look good on there

010-4.jpg

Got a pair of these at the junkyard today for the white 77' standard cab. I found them in a Hardbody, but I think they were originally for some kind of VW kit car.

018-2.jpg

Check out that profile. Might actually have enough room to sit inside that truck now.

014-4.jpg

I don't like the headrests and they would be more comfortable if they were a little wider so......

Stripped the first one

015-4.jpg

Cut off the headrest

019-2.jpg

Cut the seat in half, gonna widen it 2.5", easier than losing 50 lbs :D

020-1.jpg

Cut up the headrest to make top filler pieces then test fit the foam again

024-2.jpg

Thats it for tonight

Bob those actually look like Porsche 914 seats. I have a set in my Hardbody,,got em at a swap meet for $5. Kool mods too........

P6150002.jpg

Ive since recovered them.

Porsche 914 eh?....... So I was right they are for some kind of VW kit car :D :lol: :rofl:

damn it, Damn it, DAMN IT......... AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH

So I drive 60 miles to go pickup a L28E and a 5speed this morning. I wanted the 5 speed for the work truck. I have no use for the 6 cylinder.

I get there and check it out, hmmmm looks like a 4 speed. Stick the shifter back in and check the pattern, yep 4 speed (damn it)

Chat with the owner for a while about Datsuns and other cars and stuff. He says that he pulled the engine and trans so he could put a V8 into his 75 280Z. Then he says that he probably isn't going to finish the car since he now has a 1 week old baby girl. Then he asks me if I am interested in the car for cheap, of course I am, he wants $100. (Damn it)

I told him that I would like to buy it but it has to wait until after I sell my MGB. We shake hands and I leave. Ten minutes later I get a phone call, he says "If you have a place to keep it and you want it you can have the car" (DAMN IT)

I will be picking the car up soon. Pics when I pick it up

Official count

4 620s

2 521s

1 280Z

1 D21

1 MGB

1 F250

1 S-class Benz

1 Torino

1 Ranchero

1 Dodge van

2 Internationals

1 Mark IV

1 Mark V

1 Mark VIII

1 VW street buggy

1 Motorhome

5 trailers

2 boats on 2 more trailers

And they all need something. No wonder I never have any time and I'm always broke (AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)

That's 106 road tires not counting the spares :blink: