Never Forget December 7th!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not ironic at all. It was the USA plan, they pumped the equivalent of 2 billion dollars in to the Japan auto market, and USA taught them how to build cars more efficiently. It was successful and Japan is still an ally of the USA today.

On dec 7 1941 it was a different story. The Japanese government had prohibited imports of cars back then, so while in 1937 Ford and GM were the most populars cars in Japan, in 1938 freedom was out.

as a former service member, and a native arizonian, it's real hard to forget, but yea real ironic, my favorite vehicles are from japan , datsun and nissan, go figure, gotta love the lines of the 620, and can't beat the power of my titan, and can't forget my ser sentra, oh yea gotta love those japan hot rods, yea i know the sentra and the titan were built in the usa, but had their roots in japan :D, my hats off to all my fellow armed forces members and veterans, and all those that died defending our freedom , so we can have our dattos..gotta love it..:D tom

As a kid my grandpa was fiercely against anything Japanese. He finally started to soften a bit in the 80's. Turns out he was Mare Island's civilian leader at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack. The ships that still floated were locked up and towed to M.I. were my grandpa had to unlock them for his guys to remove the dead.

On a lighter note my grandpa was one of the original designers for nuclear subs. He was an electrical engineer and much of his design is still used in new subs.

(As civilian leader he was second in command for anything relating to the civilian employees. When the head guy was gone he took over those duties and another commander took the military side.)

I went to Hawaii 2 months ago for my brother's wedding.

Visited the museum in Honolulu

Was on top of the deck of USS Bowfin submarine and happens to be some students from Japan visiting at the same time.

I was sitting on one of the gun machine on deck with the view finder directly at the Japanese students that happened to be at the bow of the submarine.

And made a joke to my cousins about Japs..... (not funny but funny at that time).

salute-flag.jpg

As a kid my grandpa was fiercely against anything Japanese. He finally started to soften a bit in the 80's. Turns out he was Mare Island's civilian leader at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack.

my grandpa(in law) was there too.

he didnt like that i had a jap car(datsun & toyota) and was marring his granddaughter.