Any motorcyclists?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3adda62d.jpg

this is why i love gran turismo. i've never been to laguna seca, i've barely seen it on tv. but i know exactly where that is on the track, even tho like you said they moved the bridge and bulldozed the hill, and a few seasons ago they recoated the whole track right?... and since i can pretty well gurantee you i'll never set foot on that track, much less drive anything on it, i live through a video game... that's not the only course but it's one of my favorites. and now with this game tourist trophy, you can get the same kind of graphics and realistic driving experience on a bike. the first time i played it, i got one of those old school honda dream 50's and was trying to drive around laguna seca. :lol: i could make a full lap easy... but if i went about about 60 i would kill myself everytime. guess i'm so used to how cars handle... oh well.

...well most cars. Looking at that picture made me remember something I was thinking that day. We rode seven half hour sessions, three in the morning and four in the afternoon. You got to be in good shape to ride all day. If you haven't been putting on some miles in the saddle, you will feel like you just went ten rounds with Mike Tyson. Stuff hurts in places you forgot were there.

In the morning the track surface is usually still cool and the first sessions are just to get used to the track surface and the bike. As the day warms up and you get your lines working you start to work on each corner to find ways to carry more speed and be relaxed and smooth. In the afternoon the wind comes up of the Monterey Bay and when you crest the 800 ft hill to the top of the Corkscrew it will more you around. Right as you come out from under the bridge, that hill goes away and you get hit with the wind again. Late in the afternoon it gets hairball.

So here is the thought that I had every lap as I slid my front tire throught the corner... the IndyCars are turning laps twice as fast as I am and I'm out of control in every corner. Moto GP bikes and SuperBikes and turning laps under 1:30. IndyCars were lapping under a minute. I was turning laps on the 600, just under two minutes and scared to death.

I used to follow Camel Pro Competition and went to the Sacramento Mile and the San Jose Mile every years until Pro dirt track racing seemed to die out west. I saw Kenny Roberts when he was racing for the Grand National Title. I saw all those years with Bubba Shobert when he was racing with Springer, Chris Carr, Kevin Atherton and Scott Parker. Man, that is real racin', I miss that stuff.

73 620 - that bike is pretty cool. doesn't look as cheesy as most 80's bikes do. is that a crx in the garage?

ITS 72 327 BTW LOL

Well on the bike its the first "Super Bike" ever made 1984 later called street bikes, crotch rockets, ...ect. This is where the full fairing bike became then same year honda came out with the CBR.

The car is a 90 Civic HB with a D16z6 SOHC Vtec with a greddy turbo kit.

side.jpg

haha sorry for the poor typing... i remember sitting there and thinking... that doesn't look right... but i also was on sinus pills... sorry... haha

that thing is pretty nice. i've mentioned before, hondas were my first car and first obsession. i still love them, for many reasons. that generation is one of them. for some reason i've always wanted a fourdoor of the same gen. and for some reason i've always thought it would look good with a couple inches chopped out of the roofline. i had heard, don't know if it's true, that that generation hb is the lightest "full size" hb that honda made. i bet it screams with that engine setup. a buddy of mine is currently having a turbo d16 built that he claims will be making 400 hp, idk if it's vtec or not, knowing him it probably is.

thanks for sharing :)

I have been riding sport bikes for 25 years. here are a couple I have built from completely totaled bikes.

01 tl1000r with over $5000 in upgrades

Picture018.jpg

98 bandit 1200

Picture039.jpg

anyone know what this is? only 3000 sent to the states and only 5000 total units. I got 3. check out the motor. can you say rx7

Picture107.jpg

i wish i could ride my bike. my 81 honda cb650c is the longest mechanical project i have going. due to laziness and loss of interest. boo fuqing hoo.

i have a chance to get a original first year 1968 yamaha dt1 250 but alas i keep pussy footin around and he lost the title that was his friends and so on. i dont even know how much he wants. i should find out but he's nowhere to be found. i still may get it though.

same guy lost my head and block to my honda!! no wonder i lost interest.:(

at some point i am going to purchase every bike i have owned so far and restore them and just sit them in the garage like its a dealership. i need 4 more bikes to do that (all dirt) i also want to restore a 98 YZ400f (revolutionized the 4 stroke market) and either a KX or CR 500 two stroke (but they are worth a lot of money already) i would LOVE to have like an elsinore or similar year motocross bike to hang over my living room off of my gables. it would complete my ultimate moto house!

My first bike '83 Honda Nighthawk 550

1131994752015798719S425x425Q85.jpg

second bike '00 Triumph Sprint RS 955i

2868513490068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

2000 xr70r - minimotard

2572126520068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

1992 Suzuki GS500 First track bike

2497063120068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

1995 Yamaha yzf600r track bike

2481391190068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

1993 Suzuki 600 katana (won in a raffle)

2803443830068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

1987 Honda 600 F1 (bought for $200 for a trackbike for my brother in law)

2913897910068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

1971 Honda CB175 (free project bike)

2486851450068303537S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks. Unfortunately i am in the process of selling it:(:( As much as I don't want to, some other projects must get done before i can truly be satisfied (Datsuns, of course:D).

Sweet 400!! Theres just something about vintage stuff.

I've wanted to ride for a long time... I've got my moto-learner's, but until I get an automatic bike I can't get my full license... So right now the hunt is on for an old late 70's CB400/450/650A... Seems they're a bit hard to find though...

My friend has a late 60's Triumph in pieces in her garage. It's a T150R, or something like that... I can never remember the model number... it's one of the old style Bonnevilles... I'd love to get it from her and put it together, but that doesn't seem like it'll be happening anytime soon. Besides, if I got a normal motorbike I'd need an airshift kit and whatnot... apparently they're about $1000 or so...

pope face, why not get an automatic clutch and a "suicide" shifter? be alot cheaper than 1000 for an airshifter. and instead of having to wait for an auto bike you can get whatever you want, bolt in an auto clutch, and fab up a lil arm and bracket for a hand shifter.