Parting Out: 83 280zx (non-turbo)

MicroMachinery

Ok, so I picked up an 83 zx yesterday, and pretty much all I want is the front struts/brakes system. I'm not sure what the diff. is, but it has the CV axles. I may snag that too, for my 510. Other than that, the body is pretty nasty. The hood looks like the hood for a turbo.. has the inlet on the left side.

Um.. interior is rough, but not sliced up and trashed. Glass looks all good. Still has the gauges, dash, and all that. Engine is non-turbo, but looks like it's all there, manual trans.

If you guys want any of this stuff, let me know and we can get what we need before she goes to the scales!

Edited by MicroMachinery
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the '82-'83's had the NACA duct hood vents, although the turbo models have a special NACA duct that channels air to cool the turbo.

If you have a sawzall, cut out the hood so somone could graft those ducts into a different model (I'm thinking of modding a 280z hood) so that would be cool if you could save those for me.

I would think the block, 5-speed and R200 might be worth saving too.

Edited by hughdogz

Yeah, I'm planning on taking those out. The hood looks like it was possibly a turbo hood. It's got the two different air ducts. The one on the driver's side is the longer, pointed one. The one on the passenger side is the squared one.

If you want them, I'll keep the hood when the rest goes to the scales. :thumbup:

It's got what looks like a turbo hood too; the fresh air inlet on the driver's side.

The later N/As came with the same hood,

the turbos pointy vent is just a bit different on the underside.

Id be interested in the diff and axles, intake, and some misc motor bits if I can afford it all.

Im in OR too.

The later N/As came with the same hood,

the turbos pointy vent is just a bit different on the underside.

Isn't that what I said in the second post (with more information)? :confused:

All the '82-'83's had the NACA duct hood vents, although the turbo models have a special NACA duct that channels air to cool the turbo.

• 1 month later...

Just met Micromachinery and he is heck of a nice guy. Very Reasonable. ( sorry for screwing up part of Valentine's Day for you and your girlfriend by arriving late )

Car has R200 Rear ( still available ), Clean good condition Rear Seats, Good Passenger Seat ( Leather / Vinyl ), Good Door Panels ( 2+2 ) some interior trim pieces, Right Rear Window and Hatch window, Engine, ECU still available.

Carpeting could be used if it were really cleaned well.

Hood could be used if it were repainted. All marker lights / taillights seem to be covered in tape / or are broken.

IF anybody needs a heater core, or wants a spare. it is a lot easier to access now that the dash is out.

Thank You Micromachinery. Good Luck.

Just met Micromachinery and he is heck of a nice guy. Very Reasonable. ( sorry for screwing up part of Valentine's Day for you and your girlfriend by arriving late )

Car has R200 Rear ( still available ), Clean good condition Rear Seats, Good Passenger Seat ( Leather / Vinyl ), Good Door Panels ( 2+2 ) some interior trim pieces, Right Rear Window and Hatch window, Engine, ECU still available.

Carpeting could be used if it were really cleaned well.

Hood could be used if it were repainted. All marker lights / taillights seem to be covered in tape / or are broken.

IF anybody needs a heater core, or wants a spare. it is a lot easier to access now that the dash is out.

Thank You Micromachinery. Good Luck.

Thanks man, she got over it :lol:

I'd like a rear brake/tail light bulb holder... with a couple inches of wire.

:D

I have both holders, I think un-scathed. The lenses are no good, but I believe the holders are in excellent shape. When you say a few inches of wire, are meaning the bulb sockets included? Thanks

I have both holders, I think un-scathed. The lenses are no good, but I believe the holders are in excellent shape. When you say a few inches of wire, are meaning the bulb sockets included? Thanks

All I want is the socket... the small holder of the bulb. I do not need the lens or the tail light housing. Just the small round black socket with the wires comming out the back.