510 craze....bullshit

if you are a true datsun fan you can never get away from them i tried for a few years but it didnt work out...my first car was a 510 and i have had like 6 scence then. Every time i saw one on the streets i was alway like oooooooooooooooooooooooo i need another one lol...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think I have paid more for the parts going into the cars than the cars themselves!

I have never paid more than $300 for a 510 but I sure have spent more than that on them!!

At one time we had about three wagons and two four doors for parts in the front yard, with my roomates, and two running two doors and a one wagon. The most we paid for a parts car was $50 bucks and that is for one that would be called "mint" today!

And the wrecking yards always had a few on hand!!

Damn, I sure do miss those days.

30 is old? FUCK! I am going to be 42 later this month! So suck it!! :fu:

The treasure hunt is what excites me. An adrenaline rush.. kinda sick.

My first Dime I found in a mobile home community, piled under some boxes, barely visible from the street. Walked to the door and asked what he wanted for it. He said $300. I said $150. Bingo. Turns out I saved him the trouble of having to have it hauled to the crusher the following week.:eek:

Very straight, immaculate interior, little rust, and a seized engine(ended up being a cam tower in the head).

The hunt is on!

Prices in my area used to go up and down every few months. Sometimes tons of 2 doors were easy to find, then a few months later only a 4 door or two were easily findable.

it also doesnt help having Troy Ermish and DGR so close by. Finding a unmolested stock 510 is pretty hard to come by now..

If I found a relatively Rust free 65-67 SPL311 in the rust belt, I'd shit myself. I've only ever seen two living up here and going to car shows for ten years. TWO!.

If I found said roadster for less than the cost of a house around here, I will only assume that it is a sign from God that he wants me to own a roadster.

The things I'd do for a 1600. Sheesh.

Mine is one someone totaled out a long time ago by the looks of it, if I'd have known it was totaled out I'd have taken a torch to it earlier like I'm doing now. The rust wasn't super bad, just a floorpan and few holes patched..Since these ladys have a frame you dont have to worry about pans.

I'd say you could snag an okay running and drivable roadster for around 5-10k. I'd been looking for one since I was 14 found it 6 years later literally a block away for sale.. Could have pushed it home lol.

i wish i could find a clean 2dr shell, everyone ive found is either in terrible condition and they want 2K+, or its already swapped to a KA/SR and they want 6-10k :(. All i want is a roller with minimal rust >.< lol

Yeah man, I hear that. I've pretty much given up on searching for one of those. Too disappointing. I still keep my eyes open though. I've learned to be content w/ 4-doors. 4-Doors fit more whores.

Prices in my area used to go up and down every few months. Sometimes tons of 2 doors were easy to find, then a few months later only a 4 door or two were easily findable.

it also doesnt help having Troy Ermish and DGR so close by. Finding a unmolested stock 510 is pretty hard to come by now..

I found my current 510 across from msjhs :o

when my buddy got into 510s as i was into 720s. he ended up with three 2 doors, four 4 doors and a pile of wagons all in less than a year... some very clean... he lost interest and that 510keeper datsun freak came and picked them all up thank god...

I have a friend who was a car salesman at the local Datsun

dealer.He bought a super clean,White 510 2 door.He was going to

make an auto-xer out of it,but changed his mind.

He offered it to me for $250 - & I passed,as I had too many

cars at the time.

- Doug

The last dime I saw come up for sale on CL in New England that wasn't 3-5k was a $600 total rust bucket. Before that there was a goon that popped up, I guess complete but disassembled for paint. I think they wanted like $1200. Never saw a pic but it was a 68 or 69.

That is about it for dimes that weren't west coast imports for lots of cash or that one original green dime that was for sale a while back. Damn that was sweet!

I see maybe 3-4 for sale a year in these parts.