vintage auto ads

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, and I hang them up in my room :) I've probably torn apart over 30 car mags like motor trend etc from the 70's :)

I'm a vintage freak though, collect and fix old record players, furniture, old cars :P old metal signs. I can't get enough of it.

I've got 2 big boxes going all the way back to the Pope Electric Car. I plan on selling off at least half of them in the near future.

Z_Rac3r, amonst my many collections I have a bunch of radios and record players. If ya come my way and fix some of mine I'll give you my 1949 cabinet TV/radio/record player (needs work). It doesn't fit our mid century modern decor. We collect that style furniture and anything we can 50s. Collect old cameras, Hot Wheels, model car kits, 50s clothes, real cars, really old car mags, records, and the wife collects martini shakers.

Good ads can be worth a lot more than the mag they came from. The Pope ad and others came from a half a mag I found in a pile at a flea market. Paid a quarter for a few mags yet the ad by itself could go for 20 bucks.

I do, and I hang them up in my room :) I've probably torn apart over 30 car mags like motor trend etc from the 70's :)

:eek:

I collect old car mags, have never thrown one away!,

I have boxes and boxes, pull them out from time to time and reread them, like the road tests of some of the old cars I have now.

Hot Rod, Car and Driver, Road and Track, Car Craft, VW & Porsche to name a few.

some of the 70's stuff is wild, I have one issue with IMSA style chevy Monza's huge glass flairs and SBC Cool stuff.

an article about guys that raced a section of Mullholland Hwy. in the middle

of the night, 510's, 240Z's, Capri's and stuff like that. something that would land you in the clink with your car off to impound now.

Have some old Mini Truckin mags too.

I have about 20 boxes of old magazines Road&Track,C&D,

Practical Classics,Your Classic,Truckin,Mini Trucker (early-mid-

'70's),plus a lot of specials.

Reading the old road tests is interesting,plus the old ads.

Makes to think on how much better (simpler) times were.

I also collect books - I've got the "Complete" (nowhere near-

complete)book of Toyota & Datsun,+ many English Ford books.

.......and there's the box of brochures.When I'm gone,my

kids will go through all of this stuff,& wonder why I kept most of it.

- Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Me too!

I've collected any ad and pictures I could use for my artwork.

Years ago,my parents had some 60's Reader's Digest and National Geographic going back to 1956. I saved all of the ads and put some of them in notebooks for safekeeping. Several Datsun ads,too.

I hoped I wasn't the only one to do this.:lol: