sick of wagon leaf springs? Me too soooo......

jesusno2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Luke, I haven't been following any of the project threads, Is it safe to assume you got the idle issue with your KA figured out?

Car looks great BTW.

Ya know I never did, and I can't find anyone else that knows either. it's a mystery I tell ya. I just do one thing at a time. The idle isn't a huge issue yet until the car is on the road. My next project is H190 LSD bitches!!

Ya know I never did, and I can't find anyone else that knows either. it's a mystery I tell ya. I just do one thing at a time. The idle isn't a huge issue yet until the car is on the road. My next project is H190 LSD bitches!!

I saw that you got that off someone on the 510realm. Looks good man!

Ok well i didn't have enough time today to get the LSD installed,but i managed to finish up my rear suspension. building a panhard bar was a major bitch under a goon! everythings in the damn way, gas tank, the hump on the back of the diff, the huge mount that the gas tank bolts to etc. heres a few pics of what I did. I wanted it as long as possible, we'll see how the roll center is when i'm able to drive the car. hopefully i dont have to do it again!

goonrearfinished.jpg

goonrearfinished2.jpg

goonrearfinished3.jpg

This springs set in the buckets which have little aluminm hooks that I made that hold the springs in the buckuets. Smae goes for the top b but on top I'm using a big washer I lazer cut the same size as the bucket to sandwhich it into the floor of the car. (Hope that makes sense)

So to any of ya kiddies watching this thread. I have my nissan comp roadster lsd for my wagon, and i have found out some very valuable info from a old nissan comp book. So most guys think that the roadster lsd was for the 3.7 and 3.9 gear ratios (cause thats what most roadsters had from the info i have gathered and i though so as well.) well nissan comp made very, VERY! few of these untis with that gear ratio in mind. Well mine is not a 3.7 or 3.9 lsd, its actually setup for the 4.37 and numerically higher ratios all the way up to 5.8 something gear ratios!!! I attempted to install this unit into my 3.9 3rd member in my wagon the other day, and the ring gear binds on the pinion and physically won't fit in the housing. Lucky enough for me a freind of mine has a 620 differential i'm gonna rob the 3rd member from. So it's looking like the goon is gonna roll with a 4.37 ratio. if anyone knows did most late 70's king cab 620's have the 4.37 gear ratio. the trucks body was scrapped many moons ago. so i dont have anyway to tell unless i pull it apart.