Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a pic i can wrap my head around, thats one clean little shop there.... i am a sucker for shop pics... and i thought i was the only one with a pc in there garage.....i got you beat i got two fish tanks in my garage...those b2600 are notorious for head gasket problems... log on to www.mazdatruckin.com lots of good tech info on both motors...let me know if you ever need parts for it i got a whole motor from when i was gonna go 2600 in my mazda but decided on a brand new 2200....either way i spent way too much on a 3000 truck on motors 3 junk yard mills, 1 full truck that turned out to be garbage motor and a crate motor from spokane...

is there realy a town in ab called medicine hat...

Finally a pic i can wrap my head around, thats one clean little shop there.... i am a sucker for shop pics... and i thought i was the only one with a pc in there garage.....i got you beat i got two fish tanks in my garage...those b2600 are notorious for head gasket problems... log on to www.mazdatruckin.com lots of good tech info on both motors...let me know if you ever need parts for it i got a whole motor from when i was gonna go 2600 in my mazda but decided on a brand new 2200....either way i spent way too much on a 3000 truck on motors 3 junk yard mills, 1 full truck that turned out to be garbage motor and a crate motor from spokane...

Yes, there really is a town called medicine hat. i had a buddy up there years ago, when i was into couriers...

Yes Medicine Hat home of the Beaver Liquor Store

2011-10-02130726.jpg

Interested and busy weekend!

My 520 broke down two hours out of town on sales calls. I ran out of fuel (Or so I thought) The Gauge is erratic. Filled truck with Jerry Can got it running filled tank, and then about 15 minutes later it died again! I left it for an hour to go make some towing arrangements and eat lunch, and came back and it started! and then sadly 5 minutes later it again died. All in Downtown Melville, SK. Thank god. Tow limit for my CAA? 160kms. Distance from the Garage where its currently stored to my front door? 153. When truck died the first time it did so in front of this Garage/Gas Station...lol I fill my Jerry Can and get it running pull in and fill the tank. Thought "wow who cares this couldn't be better". but I will get her back safely next week is the plan when my CAA kicks in.

Saw this in Melville:

wknd1.jpg

Hauled my Portable Train Layout to the Show in Regina, lots of questions about the Rat Rod

wknd2.jpg

wknd3.jpg

And I bought a winter Daily for myself Saturday Night. 1993 Nissan Maxima SE. V6 with 5 spd and Leather!

wknd4.jpg

wknd5.jpg

wknd6.jpg

wknd7.jpg

From Wikipedia:

The VE30DE engine, which was exclusively offered on the 1992–1994 Maxima SE, featured a variable intake manifold (5-speed model only) and variable intake valve timing, plus a limited-slip differential. The SE models can be further distinguished from the GXE by their white-faced gauges, twisted-spoke turbine wheels (.5 inch wider than GXE wheels), body-colored grille, twin-tip mufflers, factory-tinted tail lights, black trim replacing chrome, firmer sport suspension, and optional 5-speed manual transmission. The 1992–1994 SE received an optional automatic transmission (RE4F04V) that had stronger internals, but kept the 'sport' and 'comfort' modes. The SE also had a rear spoiler and black side mirrors. The VE engine is a 3.0 L V6 piston engine from Nissan. It is based on the Nissan VG engine and was only used for the '92, '93, and '94 model years. This engine has an iron block, aluminum cylinder heads with 4 valves per cylinder and dual overhead camshafts, variable valve timing on the intake camshafts, coil on plug ignition, and an available variable intake manifold (5spd only). A major difference between the VE30DE and the VG30DE engine are the heads. The low underhood clearance on the 1992–1994 Nissan Maxima demanded a special head to be developed with 30°, rather than 46°, between the valves. Lack of space also demanded a redesigned camshaft drive system, so a special chain drive was developed. The engine is otherwise similar to the VG30DE.

And I got to hang out with Paul Stanley!

wknd8.jpg

Radio

So valve stick issue seems like the springs according to research I've done on this variable valve timing version. "VTC clack" common issue.

Best explanation:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/ve30de-intermittent-noisey-excessive-valve-clearance-need-some-help-please-t292004.html

Radio

Went to Nissan Dealership today. Bought me a Genuine Filter Lol. Saw That Z there again, thinking He works there.

Stopped at Harleys, he was in the middle of changing Timing Belt on his 89 Toyota Pickup.

Did entire interior detail on Maxima Tonight. Read a lot of the Owner's Manual, takes 4qts of 5w30. Gonna do Oil change soon. Trying to get rid of that Valve Clack issue. I also loaded Snow and Ice tires in trunk for swap, and priced out Rotors and Pads all the way around for it. (217$)

Radio

nisdeal1.jpg

nisdeal2.jpg

nisdeal3.jpg

nisdeal4.jpg

nisdeal5.jpg