More Ratsun Parts Stolen!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ... still i hate those autobidders, i refuse to use them. i worked at a store selling on ebay and constantly had people calling in complaining that we had screwed them over on something cause they hadn't ever heard of autobidders. that's not why i hate them, i personally think it's unfair. the point of an auction site is so that the person that wants it the most can offer the most they're willing to pay and the seller can make as much money as possible within the time limit they alot, not so that one person can fill out a lil form and walk away and win the item by 50 cents in the last second of the auction. why not just use the built in proxy bid function? cause then you might actually have to pay what you are willing to pay rather than only 50 cent more than what somebody else is willing to pay. i know ebay isn't really like a real auction, but that's what it was supposed to be from the beginning, the only reason it's timed is because otherwise an auction could go on forever. think about a real auction, you can't run up to the podium and bid 50 cent more right as he's dropping the hammer on something and win it. you make your bid and if nobody else bids more than you, then you win it. that's how ebay should be. so :P haha... maybe i'm just too nice of a person?

Update: i just logged on to ebay, and the guy has sent me a second chance offer. seems fishy to me, like he bid it up himself to see how much he could get for it. i know its legit though because i got the email through ebay...i have a week to reply to it, so i'm going to see how my selling auctions go before i do anything...but the valance is there if i want it now...

I like auto bidding also... I use esnipe for the stuff I really want, but know I wont have access to a computer when the auction ends. You can set it to bid pretty much whenever you want before the auction ends... I usually bid the last 3 seconds, just to make sure there is enough buffer time... I lost one time when I had it set to bid at 4 seconds... Guess that was a little too much time? Just checked out "hammersnipe"... looks like a rip off to me... I think esnipe is a lot more fair, seeing as I dont have to worry about a subscription expiring. I let my esnipe account sit for a year once, and when I finally needed to use it again, all my "bid points" were still there... nice!

Example: Looks like hammersnipe charges you for a monthly useage, for a non subscriber it's $11.95/month I think.

With esnipe I just have to purchase "bid points". Bid points are .01 each, so 500 bid points = $5 bucks... For every dollar you bid, it costs 1 bid point. So for a 60 dollar bid, that's 60 bid points, only an extra 60 cents to ensure you're win... Not a bad price imo... 500 bid points usually lasts me about a year... A year of useage for $5 bucks... Sounds a lot better than $9 a month to me. I'm cheap and poor :)