More Ratsun Parts Stolen!!

i understand the idea of using it when you're not gonna be around a computer when the bid ends... maybe i'm just bitter cause i started using ebay a long time ago, before the autobidders were real popular. they've been around basically since the beginning of ebay tho. for me personally, evertime i've seen something i really wanted, i put in my proxy bid and then i watch it. and then i would make sure i was around when it was ending. many times i'd sit there and hit f5 for the last 10 minutes or so.. to make sure i was the top bidder. i guess it's just another one of those things that i think people should actually spend a lil time involved if they really want something.

guess it's just me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you bid what your willing to pay, last minute bidding does nothing other than drive the price up for the snipes :rolleyes:

so why wait, put it your final/max price and dont worry. if you get outbid ya shoulda bid higher in the first place.

cant say how many times ive lost things in the last second to some kook :fu:

2eDeYe;24798'']You put in the max your willing to pay and it bids in increments up to your highest bid. Got my drop spindles for $30 less than my max that way...

i guess i havent used so it doesnt make sense...

if i bid 100 for IT and the second highest bidder put in 60, the price id pay is the next increment to bid at, maybe 61 or close...

ive not had to pay 100 when the 2nd high bid was 60.

i usually lose that way :lol:

gotten second offers this way too

i guess i havent used so it doesnt make sense...

if i bid 100 for IT and the second highest bidder put in 60, the price id pay is the next increment to bid at, maybe 61 or close...

ive not had to pay 100 when the 2nd high bid was 60.

really? I've always had to pay what I bid to win the auction (not my max with the auto bid)

How are you not payin the 100 you bid? Maybe you are using the autobid and just dont realize it ;)

yes i agree with tnip and hang 510. just put in your max bid and let the auto ebay bidding system work. if i want something really bad i will watch it at the last second and sometimes use my super snip software brain. i can snipe with dial up nocharge just by timing it just right. although with dial up you dont want to screw around too much or you'll loose at the last second. agreed software makes no difference if your not willing to pay what your max bid already is. duh! hence the term max bid. bid on ebayers!!!!