68' 510

derek

dont have a name for this project yet.. probably wont get one. im not even sure what i want to do with this car. just build something fun i guess.

plan is to pull L18 lump, put in n/a ka24de from 96 240sx and just drive the wheels off..

how it looked when i got it.

Datsun510001.jpg

Datsun510002.jpg

Datsun510003.jpg

are those the most awesome floor mats ever?

Datsun510004.jpg

Datsun510005.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the L18 lump (for sale)

Datsun510006.jpg

Datsun510007.jpg

spare L18 found in the trunk (also for sale)

Datsun510009.jpg

how it looked a few hours after i got it home

2-20.jpg

note the ka trans.

since then, i added some enkei mesh wheels and some sick flames

2-17.jpg

and finished the flat black rattle job. ive pulled the l18 and trans. then i pulled the sub frame, which makes me question..

do i have to cut and flip the center of the subframe or can i just spin the whole thing and bolt it back up?

thanks for looking. and as soon as i get a decent camera again, ill post more pics of the car and the new ka

the L18 ran great after i drained the nasty yellow goo crystal shit out of the fuel tank and replaced it with fresh 87. then the fuel filter got clogged with rust. i have no issues with swapping and like to think im pretty handy with a wrench. i just dont like carbs and that intake mani over the exhaust mani seems a bit too wacky for me.

i have no problem cutting and welding the x member, i was just curious why i had to since it looks like it will bolt up and the a arm is still in its orig location with the member flipped.

Keep that car intact

Very rare for that year

Chances are, you'll run out of money and patience before you can finish it. At least make it road worthy first with that engine in it.

Didn't you tried to sell it a few months ago?

If you want something you could hack up, will trade you with my car

Very fast 510 and handles well.

Daily driven and has a excellent working heater :D

Rest of the info here

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=4292&page=3

L20B-510011.jpg

i just picked up the car a few months ago. the motor is not the orig L16. im not going to hack this car up so dont worry about that. thanks for the trade offer but i like projects. its what i do..

the L18 is already out and on the ground. the ka24 is ready to go in. i just wanted clarification if there was some unseen issue with just flipping the x member around instead of cutting and welding.

also it isnt as clean as it looks. both rocker panels are rotten and the pass rear quarter is missing a lot of metal too.

Edited by derek
  • 3 weeks later...

had a dremel and some polishing wheel things laying around so i did this last night..

1130092045.jpg

1130092044.jpg

then i broke out the model car paint to refinish the pitted and faded black paint on it.

1130092145.jpg

i really think im going to go buy a decent point and shoot camera today. tired of cell phone pics.

im making a lot of progress on the car but my lack of camera keeps everyone in the dark

had a dremel and some polishing wheel things laying around so i did this last night..

looking for:

front fenders, hood, chrome grille trim ring and tail lights for 1968 dime.

I have parts for 68 car

Tail lights, driver side fender

What's a chrome grill trim ring?

looking for:

front fenders, hood, chrome grille trim ring and tail lights for 1968 dime.

I have parts for 68 car

Tail lights, driver side fender

What's a chrome grill trim ring?

how much for the tail lights?

its the chrome piece that wraps around the front grille. its bolted to the fender(i think) and there is a piece on the hood and one below the grille. if you look at my pics, every piece is bent to hell. especially the piece below the outside pass headlight.

the L18 is already out and on the ground. the ka24 is ready to go in. i just wanted clarification if there was some unseen issue with just flipping the x member around instead of cutting and welding.

One side is flanged for the bolt to go in. Take out the bolts that hold the control arm to the xmember and you'll see what I mean.