5 Speed Install Problems

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an FS5W71B so was never used with a KA or a VG motor. The bell wasn't swapped. I pulled this out of a vehicle that had been flattened by an excavator and was about 2 feet high. It was laying upside down and I recognized it as an FS5W71B but the starter really threw me too. The vehicle was so destroyed I couldn't tell what it was. Took me three hrs to get it out but I saved it.

Edited by datzenmike

:D

When I first saw it upside down I thought, what's an FS5W71B doing in a Mazda. Didn't even notice the starter position until later the next day. Man that was tight. Unbolted the pp for room to lift the front up and out.

It was squashed in there!

Cheers Doug, drink up.

Edited by datzenmike
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm thinkin about pulling it and putting it on a stand so I can work on it in my room. :D what do you think? I wanna get cracken on this soon to.

stands are CHEAP!

i say go for it.. even a basic rebuild would do wonders.. i bet the piston walls are good enough you can just scuff em an be good for new rings..

hahhaha, mike uses FS5W71B like its his last name! hehehhehehe, i bet he has a kid named FS5W71B or maybe a pet.. :lol::lol::lol:

No, but here I am in my grow-op with my little 'droids FS5W71B and FS5W63A. (sometimes I call him dogleg for short, lol)

hueydewey.jpg