CA: 1972 521 mini truck $500

I am working with a friend of mine to sell his truck for him. He is selling 2 trucks and I am buying one so I offered to sell the other for him. He wants me to take both.

It is a 1972 Datsun 521 mini truck. The body has some dents and dings in it. the truck has not been driven in a long time. There is no motor or transmission. He was planing on installing a 302 Ford with AOD automatic transmission, which can be available depending on the offer. There is an automatic Datsun 3 speed in the bed. There isnt a full seat. There is a rusty frame to a seat. There is a seat laying in the cab but it is a brand new seat that goes to the truck I purchased(mine has no back window so it could not be stored in my cab). The truck comes with 2 sets of wheels. One set of steel wheels and one set of mag wheels with big tires. What you see is what you get.. I have checked the floors and other panels. No major rust issues anywhere. Just the dents you see.

Asking 500 or best reasonable offer. Feel free to make an offer for what you want, but will not be parting it out.

P1020274.JPG

P1020284.JPG

P1020285.JPG

P1020286.JPG

P1020287.JPG

P1020288.JPG

P1020323.JPG

P1020325.JPG

P1020326.JPG

P1020327.JPG

P1020328.JPG

P1020329.JPG

P1020330.JPG

P1020331.JPG

P1020342.JPG

Truck located in Wilton Ca just east of Elk Grove 15 min South of Sacramento 95827

Ray

831-402-5387

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found some other parts that go with this truck.

3N71B Jatco Transmission, shifter assembly, and linkage for a 510

seperate complete dash, pedal asssmbly, and heater assembly

all the missing brake parts that arn't pictured above

Any offers guys? Dont be shy

I have 4 months to clear it out, but would like it done sooner than later.

Ray

It's sad when no one offers you money for a truck. But it happens.

Pacific coast datsun had one listed for free and had no takers. :(

Good luck with the sell.

I was out messing around with the trucks yesterday. One of the tires went flat on the truck that is listed here. So I pulled it off to find the leak in some water. I got it off the front and discovered the wheel bearings are newer. So the truck has Newer bearings in the front. The brakes are moist so Im guess they will need to be replaced. I know those bearings are hard to come by though.

The bushings up front are toast though.

Ray

Edited by DatsunMotorSports
  • 2 weeks later...

Well folks My wife and I got nailed this month. We pulled in $4.44 TOTAL for the month of November. So after getting current on our bills and paying this months(Dec) rent our accounts are zero'd.

Add that plus the my friend that is storing these trucks just lost his job. He is on the verge of loosing his house... the one where the trucks are, if you get where Im going with this.

So Im taking offers. If it hasnt been bought and his house goes into foreclosure Im stripping off the front spindles, tail lights, rear window, doors, and fenders before having the wreckers pickup the remaining hulk.

Then I still dont know if Ill get to keep the other truck.

Ray

Edited by DatsunMotorSports

Man...I am so sorry to hear about the spot you are in. I wish that I could help...not just with the truck, but with splittin firewood, mowin the grass, bringin over some burgers and dogs...a sixer...somethin' man.

Best to you in the steps that lay ahead...be safe and remember that life is way more than our crap...even if we really like it.:rolleyes:

parting out.

Im taking cab driver fender and doors.

Gas tank is spoken for.

tail lights and turn signals are gone.

spindles are spoken for I have another set that are in used shape.

bench seat frame is spoken for.

gas door is gone.

tail gate gone.

hood sprayer is gone.

I have a second parts cab with a heater and dash assembly as well as solid floors. Its up for grabs as well.

I have another set of fenders and a passenger side door in good shape as well as a set of doors with rust in the corners.

everything is up for best offer.

will take trades.. need a set of nissan/infiniti 5 lug rims for my friends' Q45: would make a good xmas present for him. Im looking for frontier rims for my 521. Interior carpet for my 510 wagon. ka24 five speed. 240z (70-71) fuse/ash tray cover. good soft top for a high window roadster. fuel pump for a 240sx or hardbody. 510 4door or wagon driver door and driver front fender. early 240Z shift boot and corresponding rubber shift boot "A-type". Roadster 5 speed 1967 or 1968 only. stock roadster, 521, 510 and 240z door mirror(s).

brake and fuel lines for a 521. 521 shock absorbers. 240z mechanical fuel pump in new condition. I need a running "iron duke" GM 3.0L for a boat. Mine was left in the rain with the carb exposed. I need a rear 240Z bumper 70-72. KA SOHC header. and my buddy with the '94 Q45 needs a bunch of interior parts that Id be willing to trade for.

Im sure that there is other stuff I forgot to mention in the list of stuff that I would trade for so feel free to ask.

The mag wheels look to be very big 15X9 in pretty good shape, could use a polish $75-100 ?

The chrome steel wheels are 15X6.5 or 15X7 2 or 3 of them have minor blemishes one for sure has some very noticable rust where the chrome has come off. $50 ?

What ever they are worth to you I guess. They arent my cup o' tea.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.