GREENZ~280z street style project(PIC SPAM)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tired of doing things wrong and realizing how much i loved this car i decided to get serious and do things right.
so i saved....and saved....and saved..and saved. then blew a load all over these..
DSCF2937.jpg
I don't have much on the documentation for the install..but i tell you. it was a bitch. Tires are Hankook Rs-2 205 in front 225 rear
DSCF2950.jpg
DSCF2949.jpg
On the ground!!
DSCF2954.jpg
DSCF2955.jpg
DSCF2957.jpg
DSCF2961.jpg
messin around with zg flares
DSCF2962.jpg
DSCF2963.jpg
so here they are installed. i don't like the look though. so they came off after i took these..lol
DSC03588.jpg
DSC03581.jpg
DSC03586.jpg

as it sits now
DSCF2960.jpg

upon checking my engine compression i yielded some pretty nasty numbers..in the 79-90 range
looking into engine solutions and i'm on the fence about which direction i should take.
looking for ease of installation, reliability, and about 250rwhp

Edited by palauoriginal

i dig the color. i think the flares looked good to, of course i always like flares. Are you selling yours? i might be interested. What tranny do you have for the 1UZ swap? i am thinking about it for my crown, but the tranny adaptors seem to cost some much. do you have an adaptor already, or just a tranny?

http://uza70.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_29&products_id=46&osCsid=clim03amiqj7cg5frhmp44skq0

the swap requires the w58. I have one from a ma70 supra

you don't need to buy the swap kit as you can do it for cheaper

but yea im in definate need of camber. i have yet to install the weld-in camber plates

that what i mean, $1200 for the kit! so how do i do it cheaper?

damn dude. You were one step ahead of me the whole time i was reading through your thread.

Sick just needs to be lower... scroll down... its lower.

Nice not sure about those wheels.... scroll down... Sick ass wheels.

Needs flares... scroll down... flares.

Keep it up man, its looking good.

that what i mean, $1200 for the kit! so how do i do it cheaper?

cheaper....not necessarily better the kit comes with an expensive clutch, hydralic clutch line, and bolt kit.

the adapter is 300, the flywheel is 300, ebay clutch is 130, howe clutch is 159, and spacer is 30..seeing you can get the engine for 250-500...

its about 1500 ish...

since a uz engine drops into a jza80 with no mods. you can use the betamotorsports jz crossmember(350) to adapt the engine in.. tranny mount would be custom as will driveshaft.

this is all in theory of course..

i think i may just go rb20 or l28

• 3 weeks later...

DSCF3009.jpg

DSCF2950.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

Not a drift fan. It's driver hubris to think they are in control and rough on beautiful cars like yours when they learn they aren't. Nice car all the same, and you obviously have spent some time on it so I'll just stay confused.

Not a drift fan. It's driver hubris to think they are in control and rough on beautiful cars like yours when they learn they aren't. Nice car all the same, and you obviously have spent some time on it so I'll just stay confused.

the point of this car isn't to put all this time and effort into it and treat it like a king. Ive been driving/building the car for 5 years. i have plenty of control over it..and to just let it sit pretty and rot away is something i couldn't do.

anyways the car drifts fine the torque of the l28 is a big advantage for lower speed drifts however something needs to be done with steering angle so i wont lose it so easily..The coilovers worked wonderfully though.

i didn't beat on it too hard because i had to drive 4hrs down to the event, drive about 6 hrs for the event itself, then drive 4 hrs back home..

l28's just keep on ticking..:cool:

Nice work man! I love it...:cool:

Like Madness said...

Scroll down and it just keeps gettin better!:D

Great buy in the original price and so far seems like you are doing a good job keepin it on the real with the money outlay. I like where you are going with it man!

But.............please bolt on a matching set of rims...:rolleyes:

Yep...I said it...and if you could make it the ones that you have in the front right now that would be good....:D