Sweet L18 video

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang that sounds bad to the bone! Les Collins eh?

I visited Able Tech & Automotive's homepage and happened to see a L-series Hybrid build! Here are the pics:

20a1e792da55e8a0cfac9a2732231f86.jpg

ff4aa8b066063c387bdd89310100e569.jpg

86802ec5a2243c530ac2a0e64e320c8b.jpg

73d25a694b10b378a2f4dd9ffa3e8a2f.jpg

I reaaaally wanna see a video of that motor!!!

Only really seen one other person talk about this motor:

A guy in Australia has done the KA24de head swap onto an L block. The unfortunately bit is I don't have any information on what timing cover and chain was used....

But it is a FWD head as the dizzy portion has been blocked off at the back of the head. Here is a pic;

datnats09060.jpg

Also found this Ozdat link with a lot of info on the KA/l20 head conversion.

http://www.farqueue.com.au/manuals/ka24headconversion/KA24L20bheadconversion.htm

page4.php?view=preview&category=4&image=8#

Nice find there Fisch. I was waiting for the throttle to drop and the RPM's to go to the sky.

EZ: Nice link. I read the whole page. That is a lot of GREAT info for anyone wanting to put a KA head to a L or Z short block. I saved that page.

Thanks

Yeah, the FWD altima head is the way to go! I have some cut up timing covers because I was playing with this idea. The altima upper cover and a modified frontier lower was the route I was going. Plus the coolant port gets put in the right area to continue running the L-series radiator. Peace.

Height doesnt/wont matter its how far out the timing cover sticks out. Also how close the top lip comes to the same width. Its actually best to start with which ever cover is designed for the bottom end you choose. You will still have to cut and machine three pieces to make it work. At least that's what I have found.

The Z20/22 timing cover is the same height as the L20B block.

The Z20/22 timing cover top exactly matches a KA24E head at the front. If the KA24E head shape is identical to the KA24DE at the front, then it will match it as well.