Truck wheel options ???

gbjoey

Has anyone looked into the wheel offerings that come on the newer Ford F150's ???? Found a Ford dealer liquating take offs ! They're 17" , six lug ,

available in steel chrome or alloy ;). I'll be going there tomorrow to check them out . Just seeing if someone has tried them here first . Will see if can stuff them on a 620:rolleyes:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also , another thing I found out about these newer Ford rims is : In 2003 & newer , Ford on there 1/2 tons went from 5 x 5.5 BP ,to a 6 x 5.5 BP . Kinda

neat for all us Ratsuns . I'll see how fitment works on backspacing ,plus take some measurements of all available sets ! They say they're 2005 - 2008's take offs of F150's ;)

Also , another thing I found out about these newer Ford rims is : In 2003 & newer , Ford on there 1/2 tons went from 5 x 5.5 BP ,to a 6 x 5.5 BP . Kinda

neat for all us Ratsuns . I'll see how fitment works on backspacing ,plus take some measurements of all available sets ! They say they're 2005 - 2008's take offs of F150's ;)

Cool! I never thought ford would go to 6X5.5, cause they'd want to be different that chevy. But groovy indeed as I am looking aroung for wheels now. KEep us posted on what you learn!

I just did a metric conversion.

The ford's I am finding are 6X135mm.

I think our trucks are 6X139.7mm. (139.7mm converts to 5.5")

So I am not so sure the fords will fit. But let me know if they do!

I just did a metric conversion.

The ford's I am finding are 6X135mm.

I think our trucks are 6X139.7mm. (139.7mm converts to 5.5")

So I am not so sure the fords will fit. But let me know if they do!

Well Fish , I guess I should of done some more checking , instead of taking there word for it . So when I went there with my truck & took the wheel tire combo off my truck , THEY WOULD'NT FIT:eek: . Very close , but no cigar::blink:

The guy says he measured with a tape measure ( never make it as a machinist :fu:).

So I guess I'm SOL on that ave ! Now looking into the new Cragar 610 series in 6 lug:eek:

Can anyone explain to me what +20 means in relation to back spacing . I only

understand when you measure the BS with tape measure & yard stick across:confused: Never took in this Metric stuff , just know what metric wrenches fit what bolts:rolleyes:

Can anyone explain to me what +20 means in relation to back spacing . I only understand when you measure the BS with tape measure & yard stick across:confused: Never took in this Metric stuff , just know what metric wrenches fit what bolts:rolleyes:

It's means 20mm offset to the inside. As in an 8" wheel, the backspace would be 4" for zero offset, 4" +20mm (somewhere around 4.75") for a +20 wheel. Make sense?

It's means 20mm offset to the inside. As in an 8" wheel, the backspace would be 4" for zero offset, 4" +20mm (somewhere around 4.75") for a +20 wheel. Make sense?

Kinda :confused: So if you have a 9" rim , split the width , = 4.5" + the 20mm offset , aprox. .75" , the back spacing then would be about 5.25".

Am I even close :confused::confused: or did I flunk the math test :(

the 6 lugs from ford/lincoln wont fit. i tried before going with the eskies. i actually have a set of 2005 eddiebauer expedition rims and i thought i got lucky when i bought the truck but no luck. bolt pattern is smaller than our trucks!!! bummer cuz they looked good too....