window shield

J.C_620

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a jerk or anything, but, it sounds like you too deserve each other.

why does it sound like we deserve each other? please explain.hell we are married but we sometimes dont see eye to eye but honestly what married couple does 100% all day everyday 365

have u tried any one that sells ppg glass, differant company than ppg paint, as of last year i bought a brand new 620 front wind shield from a ppg glass distributor, it was roughly about 125.00, ck out some of the bigger glass shops,they may have a better contact to distributors than a smaller shop, also i will ck with my body shop corp. , we also sell and install glass, do u have a gerber collision center near u? if not i will ck it out and get back to u on wed. :)

thanks pac i love that i hope she see that cause its exactly what i have been tellin her. well maybe she will learn that cause i believe i have talked her into enrolling into some anger management classes. by the way this isnt the first time she has taken her anger out on the datsunstein monster i just hope she learned her lesson this time but i forgive her and still love her

• 2 weeks later...

what a stressfull day! i didnt think something so simple would be so hard.i was at my wits end today trying to get the windsheild in without cracking or breaking it. am i ever glad that job is over. i would work on it get stressed out and go rake leave out of the yard for a few mins. i was so worried:eek: took me from 12:00 till 6:00 to get it in :lol: the good news is that its in and no cracks. paitence paid off in the long run. soap and a rope is the only way to go with a job like thas. so tommrow i need to put a bead of urethane inside the lip of the seal and water test it and my beater will be back on the road:)

did you say soap and rope in the same sentence. :lol:

question.

did you put urethane sealer in between the window gasket and glass before you installed it because if you didn't you will be having leaking problems.

just asking...

did you say soap and rope in the same sentence. :lol:

question.

did you put urethane sealer in between the window gasket and glass before you installed it because if you didn't you will be having leaking problems.

just asking...

yes i did say soap and rope in the same sentance:lol:

no i havent put any urethane sealer anywere as of yet. the new seal is pliable enough to get the tip of the urethane tube in between the glass and rubber and the rubber and body. that is on the list of things to do but i wanna drive it and allow it to settle before i seal it. not calling for rain for the next few days and if it does oh well. its been setting for 4 weeks now without a windshield.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Let me see if I can channel some Jeff Foxworthy here,

"If yooooo bust out the windshield of your husband's truck trying to HELP him... you might be a redneck!"

( no offense, I'm originally from Alabama and I come from pedigree redneck stock myself, so I know people like ya'll :) )