What are they, do I need them...

Nissan_Boy85

...or can I take them off?

I'm not totally sure what they do, what they are even called, and I want them out of my way. They are mounted to the very front of the chassis and to the lower A-arm. They like to hit themselfs on curbs, driveways, snow, anything taller then 4 inches.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Ohyabtw, they are on my 85 720.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those are TC-rods tension/compresion rods,,you should keep them,,if you really need them gone then you need too create new lower control arms that are in the shape of an {A} ,,its a lot of work for very small ganes,,but i have seen them removed and lower a arms made

No not really. You could, but why raise the truck? Unless it is for offroad. Better yet, why would anyone want to run over 4-inch curbs? Stop before you get to it.

The tension rods (caster/castor rods) hold the wheel from moving back/forward. In the photo they look higher than the engine crossmember.

No not really. You could, but why raise the truck? Unless it is for offroad. Better yet, why would anyone want to run over 4-inch curbs? Stop before you get to it.

The tension rods (caster/castor rods) hold the wheel from moving back/forward. In the photo they look higher than the engine crossmember.

Yeah, my response was to the initial question. As in a "Wow, really? Maybe you shouldn't work on your own vehicle" kind of statement :D

Just a thought....

Is it possible to switch those TC Rods out to a setup like on the Z's/B210's, where the TC rod comes to the Top of the Lower Arm?

That would bring the TC Rod up out of the way. Check if the forward mounts from say a 510, 210, B210 would mount up, get the TC Rods, then drill holes in top of the Control Arm to mount up the Rod.