new ratsun.net logo!! whatcha think???

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAH ... and what's that ? custom altezza style taillights?

it's funny, and i doubt anybody would believe me... but the week before i stumbled on this site through nwde, i had decided to clean a few rust spots on my truck and start the process of painting it flat black... i had been looking at ratrods alot and decided that it wouldn't be that hard to put a few ratrod touches on my 71 521 and the concept was to build a rod in the same spirit of what they built in the 50's. they took cars that they could afford, which made them at least 20 years old, modyfied them themselves as cheaply as possible, mostly removing stuff rather than adding bolt ons, and then once it was stripped to the lowest level of comfort they could handle, they hopped up the motor as best they could. this was my plan, i found a truck that was at least 20 years old, the fact that it was a datsun was a plus (even tho i had loved datsun trucks my whole life, starting with the 620, i wasn't specifically looking for a datsun truck, in fact i almost got a nice lil for maverick, another story for another forum.. haha) anyway then i decided this truck would be flat black, no window tint, barebones interior, bare bones body, built to be driven hard and never put away... well plans didn't pan out like that as i started getting into i saw more and more problems... i've just rambled way too much... as i was priming a few spots of rust i had taken care of i looked at the tailgate and decided that i would call my lil rat rod truck a ratsun, so in a grafiti style i made the tailgate say ratsun... then low and behold just a couple of days later i stumble on ratsun.net ... it was fate...

The "R" is from a chev "R" olet luv tailgate and is cut into the tailgate. Crazy Edd did the work and has a couple for sale. (360)536-5594

Does Crazy Edd have 521's done up this way? I'd love one!