Konig Countersteer or Rota Grid

KA620

no i totally understand. I just wanted to know before hand so that i can contact the guy i go through for my wheels/tires so that i save him the hassle.

The rims arent too costly and i think i can recoop a bit of the money from selling my mags with pretty decent tires anyway.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh alright, because the konig countersteer aren't offered in a +10 only the Rota Grid are. Am i right? If you see that the countersteer are offered in +10 please please link me. Thanks

the site you copied the pictures from JLB MOTORSPORTS sells them in a +10 you just have to ask that is the same place Joma bought his wheels from

do you know if Joma rolled the lips on his fenders and what size tire he is running?

I dont know his truck is having some stuff done at DGR FAB so he didnt drive it last night...either way it never hurts to roll em' and I think he said a 215 45 in front and a 225 45 in the rear but I'm not sure I ask him today

Anytime...post some pics of your Z, is it the one with the ZG flares and gunmetal grey paint on your site... if so I have been checking your site for updated video for along time any new dyno or driving video??? I have had pics of that car in my screen saver at work for over a year now. very nicely done

haha speaking of new video, i just have to get it edited with the old version of the video so i can make a complete compilation.

Im going to try and get it done this weekend because i have to re-record the stuff from autox since my last computer crashed. I might upload some small clips so you can get an idea of how the new setup sounds...

lynch: those aren't nismo rims on that 620. they are volk te37's i think, somebody just said it...

Nope, the spokes on real te37's curve from the lip to the lug seat on the rwd offset options (just like the rota grid, which is an exact knock off of the te37).

I think the ones on the 620 are a discontinued nismo wheel.

(real te37's)

DSC02282.jpg

and the Grid is a MUCH nicer wheel than the Konig version :P

I actually have the Konig right now on my integra and ive spoken with JLB motorsport between the Rota Grid and the konigs before i bought mine.

Dustin said that since the Konigs have come out, they are a much better replica to the real Volk TE37s compared to the Rota Grid.

i was talking in reference to my 4-lug konig countersteer. I can obviously tell the difference between the 6-lug wheels. Dont get all shook up. This thread is going completely off topic anyway.

All i wanted to know is to see who was running the wheels i listed, no other rants needed.

as far as i know, on this site, the only person with either of these wheels is makibaka. and he only has the one pic and hasn't been active lately.

Makibaka has been active lately...doing some wiring, mounting tires on the Konigs ohh and getting married and doing the honeymoon thing his truck is coming along nicely and should have the wheels on the truck by mid next week I will have him update his project post and post pictures next week or I will take pictures and post them for him

I know, I was just explaining why he hasnt been active here... and yes he is a very active person and a very good guy between him and Fineline living within 15 minutes of me I have alot to shoot for if I want my truck to be anything close to theirs :)

as far as i know, on this site, the only person with either of these wheels is makibaka. and he only has the one pic and hasn't been active lately.

Konig Counter steers 16x8 bought from Dustin at JLB:

Konigbox.jpg

How the trucks sits with 225/50 tires in front and 245/50 in rear:

Konigsmounted_01.jpg

Konigsmounted_02.jpg

Front Passenger side:

Konigpassengerfrontfitment.jpg

Konigpassengerfrontfitment_02.jpg

Rear Passenger side:

Konigpassengerrearfitment_01.jpg

Konigpassengerrearfitment_02.jpg

Rear driver side:

Konigdriverrearfitment_01.jpg

Konigdriverrearfitment_02.jpg

I didn't take pics of the front driver side because the fender is smashed and wouldn't give a clear idea of fitment with a straight fender (fitment would be same with the passenger side anyway).

You can tell from the pics that my rear axle is sitting a little towards the passenger side. I wanted to keep my 245s for the rears (need meat for all that turbo traction goodness), but a 225 looks best (can't find a 235/50 for the life of me!).

225s in the front will work with a little bit of negative camber, fender rolling, and maybe a little bit of fender pulling outwards. 215 or 205 would fit better if the camber's going to be 0.

Rolling fenders is a must.

I know, I was just explaining why he hasnt been active here... and yes he is a very active person and a very good guy between him and Fineline living within 15 minutes of me I have alot to shoot for if I want my truck to be anything close to theirs :)

You should guys see what they did to my wiring when we were trying to find a short. BIRD'S NEST :eek:

J/P. It's great have these guys so close to me. I just wish I had more time to shoot the shit with them. AND I MISSED THAT MEET WITH ALL CRAZY BURN OUTS :mad:

• 4 months later...