Seats

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude ck out 91 - 95 acura integra seats they r really comfy and easily found at the yards, or on craigslist, type in acura parts, and they will fit in the reg cab good, i put a set in my king kab and they r great..u will have to bend the front brkts flat and mount on the cross rib, drill a hole, and the rear brkts i made (1) 45 degree angle out of some 1/8 inch flat stock i had layin around, the other rear bkt hole just drill one in the floor, use bigger body washers for support so the bolts do not pull thru the floor.:D

My brother and I searched a long time trying to find nice buckets for his std cab toyota. We were about to say F it and put a bench back in it. Then we came across a free set of gray 87 subaru gl wagon seats took the headrests off and mounted em. These are the best fitting seats in a std cab truck I have ever used period. Even his big ass fit great in that little tuna can. Their thin and wider than say, honda,acura etc seats, and I see that generation scoob in the yards quite often.

I bought a pair of seats from local salvage yard for $19 a piece. Don't know what they are out of, but I know they are just a tad too thick and make me crowd the searing wheel. I am still looking for a good pair of seats too... otherwise the Bench is gonna go back in :)

You are welcome to mine, but unless you are in Idaho, shipping will be a bitch.

• 3 months later...

My recommendation for the best seats in a standard cab would have to be 1. Fiero Gt seats with speakers in the headrest(these are small and comfortable. Decent side bolstering and they are light. Plus they got speakers in them and they come in light grey.) 2. 85-90ish Mustang GT seats. (these are a little bit bigger than fiero, they have adjustable air lumbar, adjustable side bolsters, and the part that goes under your leg is adjustable as well. Comes in grey) These didn't come in all cars, I believe just the GT models. I think the mustang ones look nice without the headrest.

justin

i pulled some seats out of an early 80s accord. they fit great width wise, just had to make a small L bracket length wise.

This is the seat i sat on for about half year or so, drove it to canby like this too

07-11-09_1756.jpg

This is with the accord seats.

07-11-09_1758.jpg

07-11-09_1759.jpg

Its ok, i wouldn't mind a bit more room tho.

Guest DatsuNoob

I like your head rests. Solid glass. I've already smacked my head good once in my Datsun pickup ...

Picked up a set of 05 Subaru Impreza seats yesterday. Always a little apprehensive to start hacking and destroying perfectly good seat tracks, but they're gonna fit nicely, once I make my own bracketry and install the glass headrests that is.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came from our big winter swap meet and there was a guy with 3 sets of Fiero seats for sale. He had 2 sets with the old Camero hounds tooth patern cloth inserts and 1 had Katskin leather covers. He owned an upholstry shop and was proud of his work, all were pricey, but would have made great seats for a 620 standard cab. I found a set of really nice seats out of a Mazda 6 coupe, that mounted in my KC with just a little modification, and the drivers seat has a lot of adjustments, they have good side bolsters to hold me in when driving like the maniac that I am, plus the pass. side is one of those that slide forward when you flip the backrest forward so it makes it easier to put things in the back. If I ever get rich, I'll buy a set of Katskin leather covers for them. The only problem is, the dummy that I am, I didn't look to see what year the Mazda was, so I'll be looking at every 6 coupe I see, trying to find the same ones so I can find out what year they are.:(

s13/s14 seats fit fine with alittle rail modification. I would imagine mr2/miata seats would fit pretty good as well. Anything that is a 2 seater generally has smaller seats and im sure would give a few more inches of leg room.

My brother and I searched a long time trying to find nice buckets for his std cab toyota. We were about to say F it and put a bench back in it. Then we came across a free set of gray 87 subaru gl wagon seats took the headrests off and mounted em. These are the best fitting seats in a std cab truck I have ever used period. Even his big ass fit great in that little tuna can. Their thin and wider than say, honda,acura etc seats, and I see that generation scoob in the yards quite often.

You should try GL-10 seats.. Lumbar support, height adjust, and really really nice. My GL-10 was a ragged out POS and the seats were tired as hell, but they were still comfortable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.