Nissans Zama Storage Facility-**PICS**

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think behind the 320 I see a red or orange 610. Verily!

is this a rally 710 or a 610 on pic # 4?

What interested me was this car

day3jpg123.jpg

day3jpg125.jpg

day3jpg126.jpg

day3jpg124.jpg

American prototype Z? It has a ka24de right?

Sorry. That is not a 610 behind the 320. Its that kind of ugly door next to this fair lady.

Edited by Motavated

hard to tell on the orange car but the roof line looks right im not saying the cars aint there im saying that the person taking pics didnt take any pics of them

the rally car your thinking of motivated is a 710 and a sweet one at that probibly the sss with the irs instead of the live axle

NSX had sex with a ford probe... they gave birth to a bastard nissan!

day3jpg84.jpg

I would say diff actually, the mid4 predates the nsx and probe. If I ever hit the lotto that's the 1st car I build. Since I 1st saw it on zhome a few yearss ago was nothing but love.

Here is a high res pic of the whole place: High Resolution

Here is the official website?(in easy to read Japanese?): Nissan Heritage Collection

I searched this: 660cc-2000cc

You can go to the bottom of the page and start clicking the numbers to view different pages.

according to that list there are 2 610s in there both of which are sedans and one is a rally car

That red fairlady "concept?" is built on a LHD S14 chassis, so it CAN'T be a Z32 prototype, since the z32 came out in 1990 (for US market) and the S14 came out in 1995 (in the US market).

heres its interior.

[/img]

This is from the person who took the pics....

"An S14 240SX chassis, complete with KA24DE engine, modified as an experiment in what direction to head with the next Z car."

Like I said above these pictures are old. Personally my 4th time discussing them in a forum thread. Just take my word on shit.... :lol:

It could be said though its not for the z32 since it was an experiment taking place after its production started but the z32 went through 3 styling changes during its production.

The red one reminds me of the JDM 180SX Silvia, ancestor of the 240SX. Motor destroked in the 180SX version to 1.8 liters but with twin cams and dual turbos.

The motor wasn't destroked it was a ca18et then upgraded to a sr20de/sr20det. There was never a twin turbo.

Edited by 72240z
Like I said above these pictures are old. Personally my 4th time discussing them in a forum thread. Just take my word on shit.... :lol:

It could be said though its not for the z32 since it was an experiment taking place after its production started but the z32 went through 3 styling changes during its production.

True enough, the z32 went through some styling changes, but all were done on the same chassis, the s14 is similiar to the z32 but not the same chassis.

Nissan has been toying with the idea of a 'new' 240z since the 80s. Even when the 350z was in design stage the original plan was to revive the 240z as an 'affordable', 2 seat, lightweight, sports car. It just never has made any real progress towards production. Using an existing chassis (at the time of that car the s14 was a good candidate), and existing power plants (the KA being relatively close in performance to the L24), its fairly likely that it was a poorly executed attempt at another 240z... :D

Never take anyones word on anything. :D Proof is in the putting... ;)

Thats very possible and maybe even probable. I just really tend to think based on nissans past history that the reinvention of the 240z was more a urban legend then a real possibility and consideration by nissan. There are so many wet dream threads about the concept art and what not but NO info from the company itself. Then they even told him it had something to do with the z32 and not a s30 revamp, Idk.

Look at what they did with other cars they barely even thought of producing, examples....

They made TWO generations of the mid4 concept car spanning over years and it wasn't even close to being in production. They ended up using them as mules to test the vg30dett and attesa system for the z32/r32 lol. Look how refined and sharp they are though for never would be/mules. Costing millions no less. Honda/acura imho stole the design of the 2nd gen, ripped it right the hell off, Idc what anyone says.

They made ONE fully built R390gt1 costing well over a million dollars, looking so refined with so much attention to detail paid it could rival some Italian super cars and honestly piss on anything else coming out of Japan in the same bracket. Again not even close to production, packed up and forgotten about.

So for the remake of the legendary 240z they spent like 20 grand poorly slapping together z32 stuff on a s14 making prob the ugliest concept car ever in the history of nissan? I personally don't think so.

Like I said though its very possible I wouldn't argue that with ya, just explaining why I don't think so.

Edited by 72240z