buddy got a 1990 infiniti q45 $400!

so after searching an searching on craigslist an sending several emails i finally got a reply.. guy had a 1990 q45 he was sellin for 800.. i emailed him sayin my friend only had 400 but needed something to get to work an back.. so he replyed an i sent my friend to go look an sure enough he came back with it.. heres some pics..

Photo-0039-1.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0042-1.jpg

Photo-0043.jpg

this thing purrs like a fuckin kittin.. it was a grandma car big time.. plus the engines been rebuilt an alot of other things, starter, alternator ect.. 231k on the body..

this would be a good engine / drive train to stick in a Z :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya it was a grandmas car.. it has a few tiny dings an the clear coats toast.. front seats have seat covers so i dont know whats under them but the back seats look like they've never been sat in.. only real down side to the car is someone sealed the sun roof up.. so he needs to dig the shit out an replace the seals

lol ya but if u were makin a v8 z car.. that would be the way to go... fuck chevy/ford motors.. i dont even stop to look at that crap at shows..

Idk it depends on a persons goals. Once you reach a certain cost to hp ratio lsx owns all. If I was going to spend that on a adapter AND I wanted to keep in in the family I'd have to go vk56 and I surely wouldn't be adapting a 5 speed when there is a 6 speed available.

I really like the vh, just ttgv 5 speeds are taxed to shit and really that adapter plate is a fucking rip, makes me so mad lol.

Idk it depends on a persons goals. Once you reach a certain cost to hp ratio lsx owns all. If I was going to spend that on a adapter AND I wanted to keep in in the family I'd have to go vk56 and I surely wouldn't be adapting a 5 speed when there is a 6 speed available.

I really like the vh, just ttgv 5 speeds are taxed to shit and really that adapter plate is a fucking rip, makes me so mad lol.

if that adapter makes you mad check out what this ingenious motherfucker did! Its what I am going to do when the VH is ready to go in the s30, hehehe.

http://www.z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15682

I think that an LSx wins in hp/cost ratio up to a certain point, then again it loses to the traditional SBC to a certain point too. As with any motor, once you get into the power range where carillo/pauter/oliver/arrow, etc rods are required as well as GOOD forged pistons, no engine build is cheap. The LSx is a fantastic motor, probably the best pushrod motor to date, but it still is not perfect. And with any motor, overcoming its problems in the conquest for big power is always expensive. No magic motor can avoid that.

i almost got one for a 1000. those things are the shit v8 twin over head cam. im pretty sure its the biggest nissan engine ever produced!

Dude come one now, Nissan makes v6's close to the same displacement lol.

VK56DE/DD in the Titan/Armada/infinity equivalents is a 5.6 liter dohc.

At the time maybe it was though.