Nismo heder

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun owners aren't idiots,... but they are the cheapest bastards I know.:eek: Being rare isn't enough, four leaf clovers are rare too. They are going to want to know: What did you pay for it? Is it new? Is it stainless? Is it ceramic coated? Got a picture? Read first sentence again.:D

It sure looks like rust....stainless? my offer is reasonable. especially considering how much you probably (don't) have into it.

It just seems funny that we pick up a car yesterday IN OLYMPIA that was supposed to have this very header on it, and it wasn't there...the next day it shows up for sale??

yeah I am almost positive that this is the header that was supposed to come with our new project. How exactly did you acquire it?

Oh and not to defend the guy gee but stainless will rust like wildfire if introducd to a dissimilar metal like steel exhaust tubing. peace.

yeah I am almost positive that this is the header that was supposed to come with our new project. How exactly did you acquire it?

Oh and not to defend the guy gee but stainless will rust like wildfire if introducd to a dissimilar metal like steel exhaust tubing. peace.

The stainless steel (should be stain less really) Will erode, or 'pit', slightly at welds or if bolted to higher carbon steels. For the most part the high chromium and to a lesser extent, nickel content forms a very thin layer of 'rust' (chromium oxide) so thin that the shine from below can be seen. If scratched off it quickly reforms a protective layer again.

I have worked with SS put in an oven at roughly 700 degrees. The surface transforms to a light yellow or straw color. (the artist liked this color for his raw metal 'piece' without having to protect it with paint) After fighting with regular bolts that were on my old header I switched to SS. Years later, heavily crusted with debris, they unbolted easily and were a slight yellowish color.

The rusting you refer to may have been a steel header pipe with a nickel plating on the outside? The plating may discolor and the pipe would rust from the inside out? This header may have had a coating on it including a 'high temp' paint, extreme heat and time (proof that nothing lasts for ever) has taken it's toll, otherwise it's just pipe. Still has some mileage left in it but needs some attention. For $200 I would get a new one.

So these cool guys super speedy like pulled the header off of the car before I got there. They were going to keep me hangin until christmas, but coudn't wait. Tonight they INSISTED that I go grab some wheel out of the trunk of the corolla. I was pissed at first and didn't want to walk all the way to get some grubby ass wheel. but it didn't look like I had much choice, and I could tell something was up. So I go and pop the trunk. Sure enough there's the damn header!

They knew how bad I wanted it and had pleanty of time to figure out such a scheme while towing that turd car down here from olympia. Pretty elaborate prank all together.

Good job Guys!! I'll admint, I'VE BEEN PUNKED!!

So these cool guys super speedy like pulled the header off of the car before I got there. They were going to keep me hangin until christmas, but coudn't wait. Tonight they INSISTED that I go grab some wheel out of the trunk of the corolla. I was pissed at first and didn't want to walk all the way to get some grubby ass wheel. but it didn't look like I had much choice, and I could tell something was up. So I go and pop the trunk. Sure enough there's the damn header!

They knew how bad I wanted it and had pleanty of time to figure out such a scheme while towing that turd car down here from olympia. Pretty elaborate prank all together.

Good job Guys!! I'll admint, I'VE BEEN PUNKED!!

So you buddies hooked you up? Or the owner who was suppose to give it to you in the first place? Or were they all in cahoots?

Anyway, glad this worked out! Friends like that are rare!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.