73 620 seat upholstery

does anyone know where to get a real seat cover? I don't mean the wally world one size fits all velour crap.I mean replacement seat covers like Pacific Vinyls sold. You removed the old seat upholstery and put this one on with the hog rings . I just need something simple and black vinyl. Like this. Thanks!

red-dat4.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That seem super expensive , I guess that it might be a lot cheaper here in phoenix az cause theres an upholstery shop on every corner . I could see $400+ if you were doing real leather but just for vinyl . If its that much I would just go the old skool way put a Mexican blanket on it ;p;

$400 wouldn't get you close to real leather. A hide runs $550-600 for an average one and that would most likely only cover the two seating surfaces of a tiny bench. Add to that the rest of the materials and labor and your looking at a $1k seat. I'm about to do a 620 std cab bench seat in the next month or so for a personal project. I think Mike's pricing of $400+ is in the ballpark..

I think your correct in Or , but like I am saying down here in phoenix every time you turn around you see a shop . And with so much competition these guys go cut throat on each other to get the work . For vinyl done on a 620 bench maybe top out at $200 . Or if you lived down here you could venture off into mexico and get it done for $50 to $100 . thats my story and I am sticking to it lol :lol:

just for chit and giggles of it Dan, take ur 620 to a couple of upholstery shop and see what they got to say, I would like to hear a cut throat price..:)

Edited by 420n620
c&g
just for chit and giggles of it Dan, take ur 620 to a couple of upholstery shop and see what they got to say, I would like to hear a cut throat price..:)

I will do that in maybe around a year , my 620 was wrecked and I am in the process of rebuilding it now . But I have bucket seats and they will be covered with leather . Hell I need to just call pimp my ride haha

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added things

opps, I forgot about your trk getting damaged, that sux. I just wanting to compare price in your area to mine, good luck with your project.

pimp my ride, why not overhauling, Chip does cooler work...

Yeah chip foose does better work and he dont put stupid shit in your ride like cotton candy machines lol . As for my truck I have everything needed to rebuild it core support , grill , valance , fenders . The only damage from the wreck was the right side fender and minor damage to the core support . However it had previous damage to the core support , left fender , bumper , valance , and grill . So I figured why not just go ahead and do everything , so with that said every body is in for a big surprise when my truck is done and it will take a while to do what I am doing

Yeah chip foose does better work and he dont put stupid shit in your ride like cotton candy machines lol . As for my truck I have everything needed to rebuild it core support , grill , valance , fenders . The only damage from the wreck was the right side fender and minor damage to the core support . However it had previous damage to the core support , left fender , bumper , valance , and grill . So I figured why not just go ahead and do everything , so with that said every body is in for a big surprise when my truck is done and it will take a while to do what I am doing

I know the feeling. Here's what I did with mine after the wreck. it needed a core support,inner and outer fender, 'a' frame. So i thought,why not. Remember I did this in front of my apartment. My dining area looked like a parts warehouse. The hard part was tring to figure out a latch for the back of the fenders. My friend Andy used dzuz fasteners like on race cars.

73DATSUN25-2.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.