What's the difference????????

FNLO620

What is the difference between a 68 520 and a 69 521? I have found a guy who has one of each for sale and am just kinda curious what the differences are? I'm kinda leanin toward the 520 but I'm open to suggestions as to which would be better and why

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

520's came with the J 13 motor & 521's had L series motors. Front clip including hood & fenders are different. Doors swap but the door striker is in a different spot. Beds swap but 520's had smaller taillights..but thats just a plug & play issue. All windows including the windshield are the same. Im sure theres more info out there.

The difference between the '68 520 and the '69 521 (there were also '68 521s) is the sheet metal from the A-pillar forward, slight frame differences, and the dashboard material. The doors were also slightly different, with the 520 having chrome door pulls.

The '69 521 also had different taillights (a '68 521 used the same taillights as the 520).

They both used the same engine (J13), but things changed a bit with the carb setup and smog equipment.

520's came with the J 13 motor & 521's had L series motors. Front clip including hood & fenders are different. Doors swap but the door striker is in a different spot. Beds swap but 520's had smaller taillights..but thats just a plug & play issue. All windows including the windshield are the same. Im sure theres more info out there.

Wait... Really? Windshield?

I need to talk to Bob again....