swamp cooler

anybody have one? i'd love to bounce it around my old cars. it's hot down here! open to other ideas, this looks cool, but would freeze out my daughter/wife depending on if it works/location. they have one you throw on top of an full size cooler and pull into your cig lighter. thats better but needs to be a bit smaller.

rustycrown.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man those things were really popular back in the day. I remember seeing this on some TV show, i think it was the 50s or 60s when they were aroudn. They really were cool. Might have been the history channel on Route 66 or something...

Edited by h2theizzo
anybody have one? i'd love to bounce it around my old cars. it's hot down here! open to other ideas, this looks cool, but would freeze out my daughter/wife depending on if it works/location. they have one you throw on top of an full size cooler and pull into your cig lighter. thats better but needs to be a bit smaller.

rustycrown.jpg

Actually the way to get these to really cool down your car is to mount the unit in the right front window and open the left rear window just a bit. Creates a good cross flow for the ram air into the funnel. I regret the day I tossed my unit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.