Made the deal of a life time today

So I was over at the college body shop checking on my gas pump today, the instructor was looking for somebody to sand blast one of the doors for my pump and said I have the set up at home to do it. Man when he heard that he asked can you do an entire car? I said why yes I can I am doing my datsun right now. He then asks if I can sand blast his 67 Camaro, I told him sure, if he does all the paint and body work on my datsun. :lol::lol: I said it as a joke, he said he would do it:eek::eek: So now I am going to be dropping of the 521 at school and prob wont see it for a year, but hey, all the expensive work (labor) is going to be done for free, so I can't bitch. Now I just need to figure out what color I want it to be:lol:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool. Hopefully he will have his "talented" students on it. Be sure to tell him no helmet wearing glass lickers on the Datto!!!:D

I met the guy who will be doing the work, he is pretty damn good, he is also the one doing the work on the camaro when i am done with it. Same guy is doing my gas pump too. And there will be no glass lickers touching the datto:lol:

Don't know how the rest of the USA handles it but in California Junior College automotive trades classes and High School level "Regional Occupation Centers" offering auto trade instruction [usually with major help from manufacturer / dealer networks] accept cars and trucks needing various body, engine, interior, electrical and paint as class work projects. Usually takes a class year and you get back a beautifully repaired vehicle. Some charge for parts used, most don't, but with the financial squeeze on schools, expect to be charged for parts from now on.

Im not getting charged for anything because I am supplying the sand to blast the instructors 67 Camaro. Our college doesn't get any help from the manufacturer or dealer networks