Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

Hey Phil I have the same kit on my wagon and I have fit 15"x6" +15 Panasports over them without an issue its all based on the inside design of the wheel and where they mount the wheel weights

Clayton

Cool! Because I'm liking panasports or longchamps. Think I should run the booster with this set up?

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the 12.2" rotors on stock 510 hubs with 4 piston Wilwoods .... . . I had the wheel weights in the wrong spot with 16x8 panasports and the weights hit the calipers

the 16x7 Panas had a better design for clearance ... .. .. and the rear rotors are 11.5" 300zx floating rotors and 2 piston Wilwoods ... 15's would probably fit

Indy has 16's...

Cool! Because I'm liking panasports or longchamps. Think I should run the booster with this set up?

I personally dont like boosted brakes ( I want to remove the booster from my KC)I like getting feedback from the pedal...

here are a few pics of my old 510 with the 12.2 rotors and wilwoods behind 15" Panasports

datsunrebuild007.jpg

datsunrebuild003.jpg

datsunrebuild008.jpg

I personally dont like boosted brakes ( I want to remove the booster from my KC)I like getting feedback from the pedal...

here are a few pics of my old 510 with the 12.2 rotors and wilwoods behind 15" Panasports

datsunrebuild007.jpg

datsunrebuild003.jpg

datsunrebuild008.jpg

Nice! There they are. Thanks

Had to pull the dent before i replace the rotted rocker. From the door to wheel well. Sealed both sides. Pics only show the patch panel though. And welded all the rocker trim holes

c1ef0f83.jpg

fb84b3cb.jpg

c1090617.jpg

8e6754a3.jpg

27e67d5d.jpg

f5ad2744.jpg

Now the fun part begins...bodywork

The shell is in primer !!! Finished up the front half of the quarter. Then atom helped me seal the floor pans.

The floor pans weren't bad at all. Had to wire wheel it all . The sandblaster didn't like por15

6e7c0298.jpg

bfc09301.jpg

49664f18.jpg

386f6706.jpg

a63494c3.jpg

Laid down the carbon fiber filler as my base. Then regular filler to smooth it out. Hate rockers. Dust always seem to land in my face

ff09fb9a.jpg

958e5314.jpg

ea661e74.jpg

a4c1d546.jpg

Next step is finishing up the engine bay and painting that!

I am curious phil, or anyone who knows... I see it primered in gray, then the last photo shows black and gray. How/whats that about? Did you shoot some black on there and sand it down some to make sure its smooth/straight?

I am curious phil, or anyone who knows... I see it primered in gray, then the last photo shows black and gray. How/whats that about? Did you shoot some black on there and sand it down some to make sure its smooth/straight?

yeah usually people do like a rough over coat to check for high/low spots when you start blocking out the body

• 2 weeks later...

Parts progress !!! These past few weeks I've been up and down the west coast scouring parts. Even had some brought down from Canada eh. Thanks to Byron, boaty, slodat,Hector,Jose, and huge thanks to Michael spreadbury for the much needed 68 hood hinges and the trunk lid.

Oics of the loot!

43b25b54.jpg

01510164.jpg

ddbde663.jpg

fab537c1.jpg

b354e970.jpg