Wagon Lean

imtb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 71 goon and its leaning to the passenger side about 1-2". It has lowering blocks in the rear and rewelded spring perches on stock strut tubes in the front.

any feedback please..

The rear its pretty straight foward, blocks just lowers both sides evenly, possible one of the front strut perches wasn't modified and the other did, or the right passenger perch was positioned too low and welded, or different length springs

Guest DatsuNoob

Not sure why this phenomenon seems to be so common. Even my 620 leans to the passenger side a bit. I've seen it on a few other trucks also. I hate it. Maybe whip out the measuring tape and check the shock lengths when they're sitting under a load to see if the perches were done correctly? Good luck

I'd probably check for damage... probably not a strut tower cause it would be hard to miss, but you never know. Possibly a damaged frame rail, where the leaf spring bracket is. Or a damaged leaf? very doubtful, its hard to do...

as was said though, since the spring perches were rewelded, thats the place to start investigating.

My truck leans also. I fucken hate it. I took out a measuring tape and measured and I came to a conclusion that maybe the bushings are shoot. Changed them and that was not the answer. I don't know what it is. But if you think about it... When my fat ass is in and drives it. It will even out. HE! :D

Not sure why this phenomenon seems to be so common. Even my 620 leans to the passenger side a bit. I've seen it on a few other trucks also. I hate it. Maybe whip out the measuring tape and check the shock lengths when they're sitting under a load to see if the perches were done correctly? Good luck

My truck leans also. I fucken hate it. I took out a measuring tape and measured and I came to a conclusion that maybe the bushings are shoot. Changed them and that was not the answer. I don't know what it is. But if you think about it... When my fat ass is in and drives it. It will even out. HE! :D

Both of you guys have torsion bar front suspension, it can easily be adjusted to the correct hight by turning a screw on the torsion bar, if you guys are fat asses like me, i'll adjust the drivers side up higher to compesate:lol:

The rear mazdat. The rear on a 620 is leaf spring... I cant do anything there but just have a sad disappointing face every time I look at her from behind. Air bags can take care of that though...

Ok, I thought you were talking about the front, if its the rear, you may have a leaf spring problem, you're right:), I had a 620 back in the day, my truck was leaning to one side, and the front was the problem, not saying that this is the problem with yours, you may want to double check the front right height

Ohhh! That makes sense. Cool thanks!!!! :D

Let me know if it works out for you (Motavated) , for the guy with the goon, I think your problem going to be in the perch position, let us know what you find also:)

I measured the goon and 22" front and rear passenger side and 23" driver side.

I looked at the bottom of where the coil springs sits and they are both equal10"

The frames looks straight and the rear lowering blocks look even.

Is it hard to take the front struts out? Anybody have pics, I would like to take them out and check them.

This is eating me up trying to figure this one out....

I checked the frame height right behind the front cross member and both sides are equal about 11" from the ground.

Do I have to pull the front strut to check the upper bushing? Any pics on pulling the front strut. I havent done this job yet.

you don't have to pull the strut to check the mount, just jack up the side thats lower and pay close attention to the upper mount, if the rubber has too much up/down movement along with the rod nut of the strut, mount is bad

Edited by mazdat

I jacked her up on the low side and once up in the air I could move the whole tire up about 1/2or 3/4" of Play not sure if this is normal. I did notice a bunch of oil on top the strut under the dust boot.

What is the part on the bottom of the strut housing under it looks cracked and covered in grease.

thanks

mike

• 1 month later...