I feel like I've been robbed.

So the only good local junkyard left finally got a K/C 79 620 in yesterday. I went down today, and was pretty kinda disappointed in it. Someone had cut the whole front end off it, it was in poor shape...

I've wanted that 79 drip rail trim that goes above the doors for quite a while, but I've never been able to find any... It figures that pieces would be missing. I managed to get the two arched pieces that run up the pillar and across the top of the door, and only one piece that runs vertically down the back of the door. No corner pieces :( Heres what I was able to scavenge:

1. Tailgate in decent shape (figured I should have a spare)

2. 3 pieces of the drip rail trim.

3. popped out the K/C windows w/ trim & seals

4. Nice front bumper

5. front half of the console (back half was busted pretty bad)

6. Nice horn pad, w/ buttons

What do you guys this this stuff was worth all together? I'm sure most of you with the good junkyards wouldnt pay more than 50-75 bucks for this stuff, right?

They dinged me for $125... Sad. Good thing for credit cards!

Anyone got the rest of the drip rail trim pieces I need? I'd really like to put it on my truck!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they're the chrome looking stainless pieces that go on that drip rail "gutter"

The receipt isn't itemized, it just says misc 2wd datsun parts. If I would have asked they probably would have thrown a number out, but I didn't. The only junkyard around here that was resonable closed down a couple yeards ago. I probably could have got everything I got today for about $40 bucks. I miss that junkyards. They always had lots of datsuns!

I forgot I needed the rear end... It's a 79 K/C L20b Automatic... Would that have a 4.375?