Old Datsun Pickup Lovers site still down

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's down due to the host's problems...

corrupt database...

apparently it got messed up during a hack attack and right now Ken is looking at alternative hosting...

not getting much help form the WoWbb guys to get it back up...

I have a backup of the site but it's from November and we're trying to get all the info back right now...

sucks as there is a ton of info on it...

someone once said that if their site went down that it would be no great loss but in this case it is a great loss of info...

Paul

Thanks Mike...it's been a good week...

Start the next round of Chemo and Radiation therapy next week so probable won't be around much for a week or two due to that sucking me dry...

BTW, I have most of the files from ODPL such as the manuals and pictures...

just can't post them here as they are too large (20+mb)

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard back from Ken. He didn't say anything about being sick....just sick of the runaround by his hosting company.

Mike, please let everyone know all I'm getting is excuses as to why the page isn't up. I'm almost ready to purchase software and get my web guy to do it. This is frustrating. I'll keep you posted. Ken

Start the next round of Chemo and Radiation therapy next week so probable won't be around much for a week or two due to that sucking me dry...

Paul, it's easy to get wrapped up in your own affairs and forget those who haven't got it quite so easy. Best wishes to you and hang in there, eh?

• 1 month later...

I emailed Ken, the owner, a few days ago and the email address came back as bad. I then emailed Paul, the moderator, but he is in the hospital again....so it will be a bit before we find out. The site is Kens baby, so I doubt it is down for good.

BTW, I have most of the files from ODPL such as the manuals and pictures...

just can't post them here as they are too large (20+mb)

Sorry to hear that. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.

Best wishes.

Jester