designed my own center console

izzo

this is just a rough draft, i havent actually taken measurements so its off a bit but you get the idea

im thinking 1/2" mdf or 3/4 or w/e. after its put together, put some fleece on it then fiberglass. drop some red paint on it etc etc..

anyways heres the rough draft. below the rear speakers it says IZZO, thinking about making that able to open up, good spot to put some extra stuff, change cds whatever

also in the finished product im going to take out the word izzo, change it to datsun. cut it out, and put a square plexi over the word like it was framed, then have it lit red.

centerconsoledatsun720.png

Edited by h2theizzo
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really? Thanks mike :D

I chose that spot for the little subs just because of room issue. i have them in two little boxes on the passenger floor board now. and that dont leave much room for feet. So i figured once i get the bucket seats in there i could just put them there and they would sound ok and be out of the way

The ideal spot would be equal distance away left and right and about ear height... alas, there are some compromises that must be made in a vehicle. The kick pads at least separate them for the stereo effect and place them slightly forward so there is the illusion you are facing the music.

I have a pair of old 'biscuit' tweeters that just stick to the dash on each side facing up. The sound reflects off the inward curving windshield. To help re-enforce them there are 4" mids in the kick panels and the 12" subs in custom enclosures I made for behind the seats. Course it's easier if you have a King Cab.

man that is just badass

thanks for the heads up, ill keep that in mind.

that was just a rough drawing, i have to redo it once i actually measure it, btw what are those seats out of. they look comfy

Edited by h2theizzo
6" subs? teehee ;)

Fiberglass ftw

DSCF2252.jpg

fiberglass sure does look good. just dont know if i want to take that much time doing something like that, besides. there really isnt any room in a standard cab mini truck. those six inch woofers will do fine. im probly only going to use 2 instead of 3 anyways

first thing tho i gotta get some bucket seats

This is what I did for a temporary fix.... (before I got the truck, someone already cut out the spot for the radio)

DatsunSterio.jpg

I plan to replace the dash, put the original AM radio back in, install a factory console with cd player, and have both factory radio and Cd player working.

Edited by Suspect
man that is just badass

thanks for the heads up, ill keep that in mind.

that was just a rough drawing, i have to redo it once i actually measure it, btw what are those seats out of. they look comfy

Those seats were out of a 89 Acura Integra.

I later switched out the seats for some 93' Integra seats and was able to fit a 10" bazooka tube between them.

281730364_large.jpg

are you going to put actual 6" subs in there or just midbass drivers?....if you want a "sub" get an 8 6 wont get any lows and will bottom out fast on a little power, but it you want 6" let me know there is a somewhat local company that makes some killer speakers for cheap :lol:

also supposedly you never go with an odd number of subs because they just cancel each other out but yeah idk on that for 1000%

lol...

I changed the design to 2 subs anyways. thanks brandon :D

and probably just two mids in there. i already bought them and they are in the truck now. i need a small amp to power them tho, stock stereo just isnt cutting it

lol...

I changed the design to 2 subs anyways. thanks brandon :D

and probably just two mids in there. i already bought them and they are in the truck now. i need a small amp to power them tho, stock stereo just isnt cutting it

get on yahoo lol