Sway bars

Z-train

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My data base shows sway bars used until July '77, however my '78 FSM shows them as Bill describes. I know I put an early one on my '78. All I had was the bar and I had to make the connecting rods out of two pieces of pipe, some washers and rubber bushings from the top of some shocks. I'll take some pictures of the bar I used.

when they introduced the disc brakes on the '78 models, the sway bars/stabilizers were than only available as optional equipment.

Every once in awhile,Datsun did some really stupid f*&king things.This is one of them.

THe FSM shows a bar.And it is different form the earlier ones.What"hole" did you use on the lower arm?

I i remember correctly, ther is only one hole that can be used. It has been about 15 years since i installed that bar.

My current setup is a 76 620 with 79 620 lower arms. I kept my 76 sway bar and installed the endlink into the 79 lower arms.

I also installed a pathfinder rear sway bar onto the rear of my 620 this weekend:D

yeah what year pathy??? i might have to do that with my 73.

Not sure, but i think that it was a 89. It was a two door pathfinder if that helps identify the year. It was red, did that help?:lol:

And i havent taken any pictures of it yet either.

I install the factory sway bar from a 1976 truck into a 1978. I used generic end links. The whole setup just bolted right in without an issue.

My 78 with the 76 bar doesn't come close.THe angle of the end links to the bar is approaching 45 degrees.

I tried to put the sway bar from my '75 onto the '79 and couldn't seem to make it work. I just said to heck with it. Maybe I should try again and see if I can make it work.

If you have a FSM you can see the difference in the shape of the bar.I found a place that said they could re-shape the bar for me.But the factory one will end up being only 40 bucks or so more.So i figured WTF.Get the factory one.Besides-it's immoral to let 620 parts remain at the dealer.