Portawall: White Wall inserts

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used those before. They might not have been that exact brand, but other than that, identical. People call them "flappers" as they tend to flap against your tire as you're driving, unless you find some sort of adhesive to adhere them to the sidewall. Also, they are a pain in the ass to install them correctly. They tend to "pinch" on one side or another upon installation, but can be seated correctly with time and patience. And if you ever curb your tire accidentally, time to buy a new one..or should I say set?!

I've used those before. They might not have been that exact brand, but other than that, identical. People call them "flappers" as they tend to flap against your tire as you're driving, unless you find some sort of adhesive to adhere them to the sidewall. Also, they are a pain in the ass to install them correctly. They tend to "pinch" on one side or another upon installation, but can be seated correctly with time and patience. And if you ever curb your tire accidentally, time to buy a new one..or should I say set?!

so there no good?

anybody else have experience with these portawalls?

has anyone ever used these? There fairly cheap. I have been thinking for some time about getting a set. But, I'm just not sure yet.....

i thaught for a long time befor i made my decision on portawalls they have there good points and their bad points it also depends on what you have to spend for me the bad points outweighed the good but in the end i was happy with my decision my tires were custome made at a cost of $600 but like i said it all depends on your fundage

stuff012.jpg

has anyone ever used these? There fairly cheap. I have been thinking for some time about getting a set. But' date=' I'm just not sure yet.....

i thaught for a long time befor i made my decision on portawalls they have there good points and their bad points it also depends on what you have to spend for me the bad points outweighed the good but in the end i was happy with my decision my tires were custome made at a cost of $600 but like i said it all depends on your fundage

[img']http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh173/1datrod/stuff012.jpg[/img]

are those portawall's?

if you really want an opinion on portawalls, i would hit the VW communities. alot of people with lowered dubs use portawalls due to the issue of small sidewalls but want white wall. i personally have not used them but i have thought about using them to run whitewalls on my rabbits with 15 inch 50 series rubber. how many 50 series tires can you get with whitewalls??

Hi ,

I got a similar thing on my Forester ..

I got them from a VW supplier over your way .. >>HERE<<

A little bit of a hassle to get on right , also a little squeeky whilst driving , but the effect is great ...

I love them .. :D

Ralliaide09007.jpg

Ralliaide09008.jpg

Akira.jpg

Cheers Phil ;)