what size are my nuts?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'aholic.....I know the switch from SAE to metric happened on the 620, but wasn't the pre-disc trucks still SAE? I should remember this answer...I've given it before, but out of sight, out of mind.........hhmm...so everytime I'm out of sight, I'm out of my mind??? Sounds pretty accurate :)

620s all use the same lug nuts, Mike. I've swapped wheels, including the lugnuts, from my '78 to my Mom's '73 and vice versa. My 520, OTOH, I had to buy new shank lugnuts to put on mags (which didn't fit anyway, center hole is too small). But the lugnuts from ALL my 620s and all my '77 and later cars are the same thread.

Thanks 'aholic.....I guess the switch to metric happened at the 620 model change. The 521 has 7/16" lug bolts.

The metric ones should be easy to find. Most parts stores...knecht's, even Joes...typically have a display with sample bolts mounted to it. Take a spare lug nut that fits your rig and try it on the samples to be sure. Also check out the depth of the wheel where the lug nut goes through....typically, aluminum wheels are a lot thicker and use the long shanked ones. I've seen a few mags with conical seats on them...they would use the cone style...doubtful you have that type of mag because it's usually a pressed in steel insert for the seat.....anyway.....you most likely need 12x1.25 shanked(shank will be approx 1/2" or so).