Put on a sticker get your stuff jacked!

I know it isn't the stickers fault but 2 weeks of having my ratsun sticker on my Dodge (I support rastun with ALL my vehicles), my car was broken into. They busted out my passenger side door window. It was a crappy thing to walk out to. The 2 main things they got away with that piss me off the most is the face plate to my stereo (didnt take the dash unit) and my tool box with at least 3 different gerber like multi tools. Anyway, the stuff that they left is what surprised me (eg. Radar detector). I hate this crap. However, if they ever break into that damn car again, TAKE IT! Heh, car is worth more to me gone then here. I am glad though that they didnt do as much damage as they could have. All is well and my window is being repaired. Just wanted to share my first experience of having being broken into.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man That Really Sucks!!! No use for a thief! accept maybe against another thief.

Went to see my Bro in Greensboro NC. Shady Town. got out of the car, went in the house to say hi and get a drink. 10 mins tops. come back out. truck was broke into. only got my Premier face. still $300 for a new unit.

that was like 2 yrs ago. so last night he calls and his GF truck got hit only stealing the, non working cd player. While parked next to it was his rx7 with like $5000 worth of stereo equip.

no one ever said a thief was smart.

leave door unlocked!!!!!!!!!saves windows

I am going to try that one. However windows aren't as expensive as I thought. It will be VERY difficult to break my door locking habit. I am going to have my truck wired for an alarm, fuel shut off, kill switch, and wont have a stereo in it for a while. I am relieved that I brought my Laptops in. One is for work and one for home. The work one has virtually no info so that wouldn't have been a big deal but my home one has all my Datsun pictures... and those are irreplaceable.:D So, anyone have any good alarms to suggest? I am not worried about my stratus but I <3 my Datsun and want it to always be mine. Oh yeah, time to look for a spot with a garage. Everyone should install at least a flashing LED in their car... make it run off of AA batteries or something.

In the last 18 months:

I've had one window shot out (nothing was stolen, they just went through 80 blocks shooting out windows with pellet guns. Made the news)

I've had a radio stolen (cheap barely functional CD deck, cost $35 NEW) but they did more damage to the wiring and dash by ripping it out. Left half the wires though- it'd never work without a new plug. But the truck wiring was damaged which burned out the gauge cluster board first time I tried starting it.

I had a break-in where they "stole" a set of speakers that were in the packaging. They didn't get far- I found the door open, the speakers on the neighbors lawn, the instruction book and hardware kit in my driveway, and the box in the middle of the street. Only thing I never found was the inner box and styrofoam packing. Since the box was already open, they probably grabbed and ran, spilling the contents immediately.

I've also had a tire pump (that leaked badly) and a gas can that was half full stolen, plus the meter change in the ash tray (most of which was spilled all over the floor)

yea my first break and only break in was a few years ago at work at a toys r us like 2 weeks before christmas. broke the passenger window. stole the head unit and my cds and change and took my tools out of the trunk. the tools and cds were the only real issue. one time my dad went outside to leave for work when we lived in st.pete, fl. and he ran a couple "teenage punks" out of his truck, they left more cds and tapes than they took. nothing really worth keeping or listening too. i think he kept a couple of the tapes for a lil while.

sorry to hear about your car javin.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had a couple of our cars broken into.

A couple of years ago our 91 CRX Si was broken into on Christmas eve/Christmas morning. They took the ashtray with change in it and some of the wrapped presents in the back. What they didn't take was the radio (brand new, installed about 2 weeks prior) and my father's briefcase. The briefcase had all of his loan officer paperwork and related things. That kinda messed up our xmas.

Next time they broke into my dad's 97 Integra. His fault tho, windows half rolled down, sunroof open, and unlocked, every night. We did live in a much nicer part of town this time around though. They tried to get away with the car. The ignition tumbler was broken and due to the anti-theft of the Acura, he couldn't go to work that day. Sad thing is, he also had a spare set of keys in the driver side door panel.

A friend of mine had her car stolen about 2 months go. She was at school when her 97 civic got stolen. She forgot to lock her door, and for some reason, she kept a spare key in the ashtray (or somewhere near that) and they made off with her car. So she missed work that day. She had some old check stubs in the glovebox, and her car showed up about 2 blocks from work about a week later. They took all her cds, her center console, cd player, some clothes she had in the back (including a pair of my shorts!), and a few other things. But at least she got her car back.

Then another friend of mine had his stuff jacked about 6 months ago. His 94 Accord go broken into at school (Yay Fresno!). The nice thing is, they didn't break anything, except for when they disarmed the alarm, that no longer works. They eased his driver side window down, took his cd player (leaving the connection plug), his subwoofers, amp, and some change. I think it's pretty safe to say that they had cased his car.

I'd like to think that they all learned a little something, but I'm not so sure that they have.