How I'm going to stop my dime

slodat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are on one side. I'm waiting on Green Bastard to get my pads before I can bleed them. I'm also waiting on my spacers before I can drive it. I figure first day driving it will be next Tuesday.

They fit in the wheels, barely. I mean it's as close as I am comfortable with. I am picking up some longer ARP wheel studs tomorrow to work with the spacer.

If I can afford it when the time comes, I'll switch to a 16" wheel with about +8mm offset. That would require no spacer and clear everything nice. I plan to run the Falkin 615's.

Lookin good!

The 280ZX comes with 14's so the diameter is ok. Just depends on the spoke design I guess. The ZX rotors are small. They even look small on the 280ZX... especially if you have 18s! ;)

Use the 6-spoke 280ZX 14's wheels. they clear fine

If I can afford it when the time comes, I'll switch to a 16" wheel with about +8mm offset. That would require no spacer and clear everything nice. I plan to run the Falkin 615's.

Wheels are weird, back when I had my s13 with z31 brakes I had a hell of a time finding wheels that would fit without a spacer. My buddy found a set of 15's with no spacer that fit. I had a set of 18's with a closer offset that also cleared with no spacer due to the wheel design. Its nice not fucking over the scrub radius, aka not "drifter" style :D

• 6 months later...

In the USA they dont' check for a working hand brake. We dont get checked for very much at all that's why you see unsafe junkers on the road causing accidents all the time.

also, I don't think those rear calipers do have a parking brake feature. SloDat doesn't use this forum anymore.

Interestingly enough, I'll go ahead and speak for myself. I have been on a long hiatus from posting, but have been reading here and there.

There is a company in Ashland, OR that offers a Wilwood brake caliper that has a handbrake provision. I don't have the info handy, but I can dig it up a bit later. I suspect that caliper would mount up on the EDP brackets.

Thanks for the info guys. In Australia the rules are pretty strict unfortunately, unless you have a relative in the game that can do a "no look" inspection.

By law we have to have a cable driven handbrake mechanism separate to the hydraulic brakes, so in the event of a complete failure, the cable can be used.

My brother recently did a Vented rear conversion using 2 spot R32 calipers and rotors + Z31 turbo hubs, but I think we'll have to change these for rego due to no cable handbrake (unless we hook up a hydraulic one and cover up the master cylinder..)

z32rearis2.jpg

brakes.jpg

Below are some pics of a guy here that has been able to create an internal drum handbrake using a custom backing plate, pretty cool setup and is cable driven;

f533397c.jpg

f533395c.jpg

f5333957.jpg

Are you referring to the internal drum handbrake?

if so, these are the only other pics I have;

f5333950.jpg

f5333965.jpg

f5333948.jpg

f5333935.jpg

Here is a link to the online album;

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2131025578

The guy who wrote it goes by nissanman and can be found on my forums (see sig) or ozdat.com.

He had to make a custom backing plate and modified drum locator, caliper bracket etc. I don't know what hardware, but I reckon it would be just as easy to replicate using R32/Z32 gear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
do these wilwood kits effect offsets on the front. does anyone have any detailed photos?

I know that Troys Wilwood kit doesnt do much in messing with offset I have 16x7 panasports with a 22mm offset and have no problems with a 12" rotor and my old 15" panasports with a 17mm offset also fit but I did have to run a little spacer

do these wilwood kits effect offsets on the front. does anyone have any detailed photos?

I'm not sure how much more detailed you need. They do not affect offset because they mount to the stock 280zx hub just like the stock rotor does. They are HUGE, so you have to check for caliper clearance on the wheels.